VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I dug this 1970 VW Bay Window out of an old guys garage where he parked it in 2002. It has spent most of it's life in Colorado so very little rust.
The pan is completely intact except for a spot at the driver's left foot where you can see daylight. There is a dent in the front right nose and I'd say that all of the rubber needs to be replaced from sitting so long.
All original glass, all four baby moon hubcaps and the tires are in remarkable shape - they are JCPenney tube type tires! I am able to pump up the brakes to get it to stop but I'd suggest a brake job before taking it on the road
There is a dual port engine installed and there is a spare SP engine - which I believe to be the original engine but you get both engines with this. I spoke with the old guy very briefly (he's 92 and in poor health). He told me he took this around the Western US to National Parks and camped in it. There is a propane heater installed and he made a cut out in the body behind the drivers seat for the exhaust. I have the sheet metal cut out.

We were able to start it and I heard what sounded like a rod knocking, just so the buyer is aware of that. I have the title (open) for this vehicle.
Buyer must arrange shipping/transport from Evergreen, Colorado
If you are seriously interested, call or text. I have additional pictures and video.

Nelson 303.503.5983

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.