VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Polski Fiat Woooo Hoooo :D

I don't think you gonna get that much money for this car, but GLWS. Looks very clean

·
Registered
612 Posts
my parents had 3 of these back 'in the old country'. one chrome bumper, one plastic bumper and one of the 'plus' models. pretty much Poland's most important car.

your's is immaculate. pretty sure ive never seen one that nice. if shipping wasnt 10x the cost of the car I would have imported one here too :/ ($200 car, $2000+ to ship to US)

good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Glad it put a smile on your face...

I have been on vortex a long time and I know some of us like to voluntary submit our input and practice our valuation skills at will. No offense meant or taken - I don't think most people will understand what went into making this particular car possible, how rare it actually is both in history and this condition especially in the U.S. and that is quite alright. It's value is very subjective and I am sure to those not familiar with what it is and why it is something extremely unique the price is astronomical.
Yes but our economy is based on supply and demand. This car may be unique and very very clean but when a slim amount of demand is out there then prices like that are a little extreme.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Super clean and minty fresh but damn you gotta really love maluchs to blow that much money on them. If only I was rich.......GLWS

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Yes but our economy is based on supply and demand. This car may be unique and very very clean but when a slim amount of demand is out there then prices like that are a little extreme.
Exactly why you are wrong. I have no desire to turn this into a debate but 17+ years of buying and selling cars has taught me one major economic lesson. You can never economize emotion in a sale.

I hope you understand what I mean. If not, plainly stated- If someone wants and can make it happen, it WILL happen.

·
Registered
109 Posts
haha my dad was a car dealer in Turkey and I remember that we had 15 - 20 of them at the same time. It was back in 1995 or so. Good old days :)
GLWS :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes but just let him try... The price is high that's for sure. But high for me and for you. If the right buyer is out there and looking for a car like this, I am pretty sure that they can agree on the price somehow. If not that's his decision to lower the price or not. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yea ive got no problem on what anyone sells anything for. Im sure someone out there might have a sentimental atatchment to the car and is willing to pay whatever anyone asks.

·
Registered
47,288 Posts
Saw this on CL......very cool little car.:beer:

My uncle had one in sky/baby blue.....in Italy.

One question.....what is that black bar/tube looking thing behind the front bumper?

·
Registered
1988 Golf
338 Posts
BUMP for a maluch! like said by other members I wish it was a bit easier to import these cars such awesome and simple cars. good luck with sale!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
wow that brings back memories
just a heads up
in 76 Ginster Yellow was not available
74-75 it was giallo
75-76 it was giallo california

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Thanks - car is painted Ginster yellow - giallo means yellow in Italian.
I know still not a correct paint for the year
ginster was used in the 80's
btw 2nd most popular ( by popular i mean wanted since u didnt have a say on what color you would get) next to fiat 125p Bahama yellow

also people commenting on the price
they are very few 70's fiats out there
this one apart for few period incorrect parts ( plastic mirrors and popout rear windows ) and the wrong color well not wrong just a bit better then the dull yellow they had in 76, is the most sorted 126 Ive ever seen

there is another one for sale in Poland same year for about half that but this one has all the paper work sorted and its here . 18k is not that far off

Now if that was 73 126p made with Italian parts the price would be double whats hes asking

1 - 20 of 24 Posts