VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

1978 VW Rabbit C.
26k Original miles.
4 speed 8v gasser.
100% original 2 owner car.
Dakota Beige on brown.
New tires, OEM roof rack, MINT!

If you're in Ohio or Florida you've probably seen this car. It's also been up for sale a couple times here and once on Ebay. I'm trying to transition my "fun car" collection from two that sit in the garage to one that sees track time. More info and pics to be added, but for now it's up again. The car was bid up to $9,000 on Ebay w/o my reserve being met. My personal feeling about old/classic/rare cars is they're worth what they sell for at auction ... or what someone is willing to pay for them of course. ;) Therefore, I'm asking $9,000 obo.

Additional pics can be seen here: http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/HMDoc/1978 VW Rabbit C/. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Car is available to be seen locally by appointment.

I'm also selling my 1991 VW Golf Country here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Country-Syncro-CLEAN!&p=76710759#post76710759

Thanks for looking.

-Patrick

·
Registered
595 Posts
That was my first car!!! Mine was 1980 C German made, same color combo but mine had cloth seats (same shape). That is incredable.. I remember buying some 155/80 13 tires for it.. ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well, I tried to keep this beauty in Florida but my pockets are not that deep. I hope this goes to a good home that will love it and rub it and tuck it in at night with bedtime stories like I was planing on doing. so sad right now :confused:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just looked at all of the 115 phtos.
I am in love... mine was only 11 years old when I got it and I was 16... sniff sniff.
It was the best year of my life thus far untill a moron decided to run a stop sign.. :mad:

I'll check my change drawer to see if I can scrape enough.. anyone want a kidney, blood or any other part of my body? ;)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
This was my inspiration for when I got my '80C 4dr with 27k miles same color.

Too bad I'm buying a house or this would be on its way to Chicago to be parked next to mine :)

Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This was my inspiration for when I got my '80C 4dr with 27k miles same color.

Too bad I'm buying a house or this would be on its way to Chicago to be parked next to mine :)

Good luck with the sale, hope it goes to a good home.

Maybe I'll keep it and buy yours. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts