VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster. Last year, after owning three butchered GTIs, I finally found my "barnfind," a 1980 Canadian GTI. It had recently been purchased by a fellow who bought it off the original owner. He had plans to do all sorts heinous mods to it, but lost interest as he was also building an off-road HiLux. He had it stored in an underground lot for about a year when I got there. It was covered in dust, but all the right touches were there: Original plaid interior, crack-free dash, original motor, original ATS Cups (forged), original quad grill with funky yellow fogs, etc.

The best part was that the thing fired up like a champ. The bad part? The front fenders were pooched; inner and outer.

Fast forward a year and the car has new rubber, a whole slew of OEM replacement parts, a Eurosport exhaust, coils, and a well-tuned engine. The rust, though? Still there.

Not being a body or paint man, I've finally opted to lay down the dough and have it fixed proper.

Anyhoo, I'd like to post some pics of what's been happening. How do I post pictures?

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Looking forward to the pictures!

:D

· Registered
1,999 Posts
In for these pics, since I lost my chance at a Canadian GTi last year.

You can even copy the "IMG" tag link on photobucket and paste it right into your post, the easiest way, well, as long as the new and "improved" :rolleyes: 'tex still uses IMG tags for pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.