VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1980 rabbit caddy that I'm doing a full build on this is my first vw project I have had and I cant wait for it to be finished i hope you all enjoy it I'm also doing a 2.0 aba swap into to so if any of you have a complete swap let me know i need one asap

when i first got it

stripped all the 1980 insides out

found some rust :/

cut it out now ready for a patch

all fixed

what every this is it fell out so time for a new one

thats better

recoating the floor half done just wanted to show the difference

started the interior paint

frame for the new grill

grills done mesh is in now ready for paint

all painted and done

made some custom mirrors

hood had some minor damage but easy fix

looks like new

i got a good idea for these that i havent seen before

made them the new blinker location

both are in I think it looks pretty good

I have a good idea for these too gonna match the grill

and they we go all dont just some cutting and body hammer work and they are good to go

im not running bumpers so i fulled all the mounting wholes in the back and also trimmed the back so its even with the rest of the body

all done and smooth

a little taste of the final color of the truck

this is just a little bit of what is to come more on the way

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
put the bumpers back on.....oh wait you cant! it has been proven over and over again that the bumpers save either the car or your life. the work is clean but i cant support someone who shaves bumpers

cant say i like the grill either but just my thing

·
Registered
594 Posts
A couple weeks ago, I was at the mall backing into a stall, and some hawt broad walked by I looked away from my mirror for 1/3 of a second and rolled into the wall behind the car. First time in the 10 years i've been driving that I've hit anything.

I realize it's the front bumper thats missing, and that I'm retarded, but my point is that we all do stupid **** every once and awhile, and it would suck to have something like that turn into 10 hours of body work.

Edit: Forgot to say, nice lookin' truck! looks like a solid base.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
put the bumpers back on.....oh wait you cant! it has been proven over and over again that the bumpers save either the car or your life. the work is clean but i cant support someone who shaves bumpers

cant say i like the grill either but just my thing
If the truck is more than 3 inches lower then stock in an accident bumpers won't do sh!t.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
the b pillers suck. they suck getting filled properly since they slope into the seam. i think i got mine close enough as its not a show truck but they def werent fun. i still gotta weld and grind the lower trim holes on mine too. im putting it off. the weldings not bad but the grinding and smoothing sucks. yours look good.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts