VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am new here. My name is Mark and came here from Germany 20 years ago. I used to have a mk1 1980.
And I was familiar with it down to every bolt.
I was a mechanic by trade.
So here is my problem.
Now I am in the US and my girlfriend has a 1980 rabbit convertible with a EJ engine.
Someone at some point screwed around with it and disconnected a bunch of vacuum lines.
Long story short, I have a manual, but it doesn't really indicate what vacuum lines are going exactly where. If someone can help me out, I would appreciate it.
I am talking about the vacuum lines from the dreaded vacuum amplifier. Someone might have mixed up those lines and I need to know which port goes where.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the vw service book. Only problem is pictures are black and white. And I am not sure if someone mixed up the colored vacuum lines. And the vacuum routing schematics are not clear on which port is which color if you have to start from zero. An actual picture from one would do the trick

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I would not hold your breath for an answer. The car you are trying to fix is 40 years old. There are not many out there and probably none that the vacuum system is intact.

The diagrams that I sent links are pretty good. It does not matter what color they are or that they are all the same color, you start one at a time until each one has been checked and run properly.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts