21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
7,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
"This is wayyy overbudget, but hey, why stop here!"

So true. Add money, repair, repeat. For better results, add more money.
Nice build! I like those pioneer speakers in the rear, how are they mounted?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
exhaust work
this is a TDI Jetta system I modified since there didn't seem to be any aftermarket for the caddy. I'm very pleased with the quality, vibration free work that was done. It may have been overkill but the 3" flex and all the hangers really did and O.E. like quality set up.

exhaust removed

original rust free o.e. exhaust

since there doesn't sem to be any suppliers making 3" stainless for the pickupup, I figured I'd modify a TDI jetta system

4-2-1 scirocco manifold

rust free underside after original exhaust removed

finally the exhaust work

Last edited by jellowsubmarine; Today at 01:07 PM.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
I like that exhaust!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i wish my caddy and rabbit looked that good. or at least running. waiting for updates!!!!

jeff

·
Registered
600 Posts
Helper Springs?

Interesting helper spring set up on there...I've never seen one on a Caddy before. Can you tell if it has changed the ride with a heavier payload?

·
Registered
1964 turbo corvair, 1976 bmw 2002, 1998 bmw 328is, 2001 corvette, 2001 bmw X5 5spd
4,478 Posts
killer build, any vids of the truck running with the new exhaust?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey, how did the harness turn out for you? Hope it worked out.

Still have a few diesel parts so if you need something let me know and i will see if i have it.

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'm hoping to have more soon :thumbup:

Thanks, it's the little things that matter sometimes :laugh:

ONLY way to do old a/c right ;)

I haven't had a chance to load it yet. The ubolts have been trimmed down since the picture... noticed they were hitting the frame

I'll get some soon hopefully and post em up. Still dealing withn an injector pump issue.

Found the harness finally, it's in and running. Err... was the harness from you? I've had so many other issues to deal with on this truck I forgot. It was a nice harness in any case.

I'm HOPEFULLY dealing with the LAST issue right now. I will be doing a write up/questionair on others experiances, good or bad, with Giles pumps... after I get mine hashed out and running right.
Lol yep that was from me. I am Jeff. Lol i am glad it worked out for you. Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
i wish my caddy and rabbit looked that good. or at least running. waiting for updates!!!!

jeff
The exhaust tip pokes out at the perfect angle. :)
thanks

I run COLD R-12 in my Caddy too!:thumbup:
only way 2 go

Interesting helper spring set up on there...I've never seen one on a Caddy before. Can you tell if it has changed the ride with a heavier payload?

unfortunately I've had the car almost 1 year and it' JUST getting... well... almost road worthy. The overload springs only stiffen up when weighted down enough to contact the frame. I've only had it on 1 semi road trip of 150 or so miles before shutting down to what is now turning out to be a bad injection pump.

killer build, any vids of the truck running with the new exhaust?
I just got it back yesterday (new engine, injection pump, dash harness, trans reseal) and now have to deal with a rebuilt injecter and resealed axle shaft both still leaking... arhhhhh. The second Giles pump seems to be working out strong, so afew more drives the leaks taken care of and I'll get some videos up.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
O.K., Got 1 quick video. I'll get it cleaned up and some better ones soon. Still breaking in the motor and misc. issues, smokes good on cold start up.

Glow plugs for the smoke on cold start up?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Glow plugs for the smoke on cold start up?

Has em'... The combination of a new "undialed in" motor and literally 1st cold start up the wife did. She's used to the Passat TDI she starts up like a gasser, that didn't help either. But thanks anyhow. I now have to seal up a leak on one of the "rebuilt" injecters and "resealed" transaxle. Don't you love outsourced work quality sometimes?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts