VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had a Lhasa Green Metallic '84 UrQ for a number of years. It now belong to a friend of mine. Great color!

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are in NY? Is your old Lhasa still in NY too? Still on the hunt. I'm actually going to a PA get together and there will be a Lhasa '83 there. I don't really know how I'll react! But I'll take pics for sure.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
I haven't checked the code on mine to be sure, but you list the Graphetie Metallic as a grey color. I would call it more black than grey.

your's is for sure Graphite metallic! Same paint batch as my car! :cool:

I just copied, and pasted the colour code listing...I'd call it more black than "grey" myself! :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's great seeing another urq start after a storage break and on its way to get back on the road. I started my lhasa 84 for the first time a week ago, it will be on the road soon.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It's great seeing another urq start after a storage break and on its way to get back on the road. I started my lhasa 84 for the first time a week ago, it will be on the road soon.
AWESOME!:beer:

I just got smog done (california) tires and brakes....then the road

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
can do you one better, video of it first firing up:

That is soo very awesome, it nearly brings tears to my eyes.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My old 83 Rally car was Lhasa Green. I bought the car from a guy who painted it red. Then I painted it white.. Not until it met its demise into a tree during a race and I bought it back years later did I see it was green.. I kept the original paint code decal , vin tags and title...

·
Registered
747 Posts
About 15 years ago I sold my Lhasa Green ‘84. I still regret doing so.

Here it is at Maine Forest Pro Rally back in 2003 (I think?) the year I crewed for some guys in an open class Galant VR4. Not the best photo, as it’s a phone pic of a print, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts