VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day folks

Just returned home from sealing the deal on the 1986 Carrera posted in my Camaro build thread.

It is scheduled to be transported home as soon as I return home from Christmas vaca. Just a few pics for now as I need to run out to finish Christmas shopping for the fam.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice pickup! Love the color combo.
Thanks. That was a requirement of my search for the right 911. It needed to be something other than black, red or white.

·
Registered
1989 M3, 1998 M3, 2000 323it
1,721 Posts
Very jealous. Waiting until my wife is done school to pick one up. Hopefully in a year they haven't climbed out my price range. Yours makes me VERY impatient.:(
Congrats and enjoy it!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yay, awesome! Congratulations!

I love when these threads pop up. Just goes to show how many of us dream of buying an old Porsche. :laugh::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A & F would like to have a word with you. :laugh:
Haha. This purchase has been in the making for a month. I saw his post during my search and while waiting for the car to get inspected. I chose to ignore it. :cool:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Nice job!
86 is a great year - but I think your example could use some euro H4 headlights. Keep the chrome rings or paint to match...tough call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice job!
86 is a great year - but I think your example could use some euro H4 headlights. Keep the chrome rings or paint to match...tough call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure I will add some small mods here and there along the way. First priority will be to fix the small items that came up during the PPI. First mod will be to get the euro pre-muffler on to eliminate the cat and get a tune.

I also have a Momo Club 3 to go in the car that a friend gifted me. It had been sitting since he sold his Corrado and he has no intention of using it in the near future. I am going to get it restitched to match the interior. Something like the below for a pattern, just in the right colors of course.

Here is a box stock Club 3 for reference

1 - 20 of 221 Posts