21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
that car is a piece of junk, don't waste your time on it

see you monday sweet heart! :laugh:
this car will kick you passat ass, lol

what size are your wheels and tyres on ur rocco? they look sweet! exhaust looks nice too, cant wait to see it finished!
15x8 in the front w 195-50r15 and 15x9 out back with 205-45r15.

here some more work done, car going to the paint shop after xmas holliday.

and here's a photoshop of what it may look like...

(it's an old pic's)

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Okay, if it's gonna be a GOOD paint job (which I assume it will be) do root beer. If it turns out even half as sexy as der Voosh, it'll be covered with drool nonstop. It's a gorgeous colour, and who cares about fashion trends?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay, if it's gonna be a GOOD paint job (which I assume it will be) do root beer. If it turns out even half as sexy as der Voosh, it'll be covered with drool nonstop. It's a gorgeous colour, and who cares about fashion trends?
sure am gone try to have the best paint job I could get!! but not sure about the brown????

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
LOL. Have fun.
BTW. Its really weird to follow this guy.
No driver where you expect him to be sitting :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
time to bring it back up, finally got an AEB engine, block ready, have to go pick up the head at the machinist, received my AGU intake, and still collecting parts, engine gone be dropped in the car in spring, not sure it's gone be ready for cincy :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
:thumbup:

Glad to see an update to this thread !

Do you plan to use the 020 transmission you have now or change it to cable shift 02 type transmission?

Looking forward to seeing Scirocco with this new engine :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
update

here some updates, checked and cleaned the block, got the head back, painted the intake, ordered the clutch/pressure plate and flywheel combo. picked up a NOS blaupunk 1987 head unit, got an intercooler, from an 1.8T mk4, also got an ECU and wiring harness. here's some pic's

Pile of crap, don't need half of it

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Great progress on getting these engine parts painted and ready for assembly :thumbup:

saw your Pura Vida... waas just wondering
I'm not the owner of this Scirocco ... Costa Rica, it is where I go Surfing :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
love this project

i have just bought an audi a4 1.8t AEB donor car to start tranplanting into my rocco, just wondering if i keep my 020 tranny if i can still use original 1.8 8v clutch assy?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I like it better in Silver. But it looks nice regardless.
What kind of wheels are they? Very sharp. And what springs is it on in the first few pics?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure if you can use the 8v clutch, hopefully someone else can help you there but I'd say think about using an 02a or 02j box.. much stronger. Also the 020 will rev it's nuts off! MK3 golf diesel boxes are a good choice.. hope this helps

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
sorry for the delay folks, I was on vacation :cool:

Great progress on getting these engine parts painted and ready for assembly :thumbup:
Thank's trying to get her on the road as fast as I can

i have just bought an audi a4 1.8t AEB donor car to start tranplanting into my rocco, just wondering if i keep my 020 tranny if i can still use original 1.8 8v clutch assy?
it depend on your driving style, the 020 is not the strongest tranny, I heard some horror story and some others ride them without problem. am keeping it cause am on budget, and am not really hard on the car, am not flooring it too offend. I would have keep the 1.8 8V but I want something more reliable, and without 25 some years under his belt. I could have swap it for an ABA, but got the engine for almost nothing. also I want to keep the car as stock as possible, and don't want to swap for cable shift.

I think I like it better in Silver. But it looks nice regardless.
What kind of wheels are they? Very sharp. And what springs is it on in the first few pics?
thanks she will stay silver ;) they are BBS rm with staggered lips. the spring are raceland coilover.

Not sure if you can use the 8v clutch, hopefully someone else can help you there but I'd say think about using an 02a or 02j box.. much stronger. Also the 020 will rev it's nuts off! MK3 golf diesel boxes are a good choice.. hope this helps
the 8V clutch can be used, the best setup as I read on the net is a 16V pressure plate, and 8V HD disc and the 8V flywheels, I ordered the clutch from BSA it's an 16Vp/p with and 8V disc and a lightened flywheel. for this year am keeping the close ration tranny, and I will see how it runs, if it's not good, I'll search an diesel tranny for the years after.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Admittedly I don't know what they run to, but I have a small number of single-pin connectors that don't appear to connect anywhere, I can't imagine what they're for though. There's also that Blue-Red/Blue-Yellow/Blue-Green connector that should be pinned near the ECU in the rain tray, the diagram I have right here says that it has no connection.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts