VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Start cleaning the engine bay, remove the engine harness and painted the steering rack. Ordered steering parts today :)
Now i wonder if i should but a tie-rod flip kit??

Envoyé de mon XT1058 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
worked a lot on the car this weekend, motor in but now am stuck :mad:

seems like my AGU intake manifold interfere with the alternator.

also there's not much space left for the downpipe to clear the steering colomn

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Yeah those are two annoyances, but if you swap to an ABF alternator set up the manifold will clear just fine. As for the turbo, I found the AEB turbo and manifold were alot easier to mount, and cleared all the steering rack and the gear linkage (020) with a few mods.

It's a mk1 but everything applies to a mk2 build. you just have way more intercooler room: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...aka-skinned-knuckle-fest-)&highlight=day+swap

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks if i look in etka an awp bracket should be the same as an agu, they got the same part number... Otherwise am looking for an aba bracket. As for the turbo wich one are you using? Still got both

·
Registered
68 Posts
alternator setup

thats what i used, alternator and brackets from ibiza 1.9d, water pump pulley from 1.9d and the original crank pulley from aeb but centre turned down in lathe and grooved in lathe.

most of my advice came from polov8, thanks again!!! up and running and goin like a train!!

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
I have a manifold that opens on the drivers side, this should help your problem. Also have other 1.8t parts if you need them. Just send me a PM.
Look forward to another Mk1 1.8t swap on the roads! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Lot of work done, electronic, 95% done, all left to do is coolant system, intercooler system and downpipe, wich should be done shortly :p

got my boost gauge and radio fitted in the console, now I have to put them back in.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts