VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing up a 1987 volkswagen cabriolet for my first car and I'm trying to find an engine that will be good on gas mileage but still have some pep in it's step I am told that I should not be doing a big swap because I am a rookie but I do know more on cars for my parents do a lot on them as well as I do, but this being my first car I'm looking for a cheap option though I know most swaps aren't very cheap I know that the Jetta and golf motors can be a good option but I'm just trying to see what's out there and what other people have done to theirs and the results, it currently has the original motor but it is ceased after sitting for a few years so it's no good I'm just looking for good recommendations so that I can look into them I posted in the cabby lounge and they recommend I came here -thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
This is the mk1 Audi TT forum. Though the mk1 TT is kind of derived from the same platform, there's so much that has changed in the thirteen-ish years between our cars that it's a stretch at best to offer any advice on a swap.

I recommend looking for an ABA swap out of a mkIII. It can be boosted, but get it running N/A first. It's still fun in a car as light as your cabby.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the mk1 Audi TT forum. Though the mk1 TT is kind of derived from the same platform, there's so much that has changed in the thirteen-ish years between our cars that it's a stretch at best to offer any advice on a swap.

I recommend looking for an ABA swap out of a mkIII. It can be boosted, but get it running N/A first. It's still fun in a car as light as your cabby.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Thank you for that recommendation that's what most people have told me I think that 2.0 aba swap seems to be the best choice for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts