VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There is no mk2 cabby, eff what ya' herd.

The JOMs are nice, and middle priced. BFI gives you $50 if you post before and after pics of your JOM lowered car. Racelands suck, Rokkors suck less. That's what I'm on.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I though once they went from the metal bumpers to the clipper kit they were called mk2 cabby's? Oh well whatever, and im gunna order them from veedubmachine cause its gunna cost me like $600 if not more with shipping and duties and all that opposed to about $300 all in from the uk.

and just to be clear cabbys are basically just mk1's correct?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, obviously there are some differences on bodypanels & roof, but in terms of drivetrain & frontend they are identical to their solid roof ancestors, only the exhaust is somewhat different, must be due to the reinforcements on the cabbies, I've never taken a side-by-side look at cabby & hatchback for underbody comparison.

Shipping costs for parts from the US, don't you ever go to the US? Here in Winnipeg we have a couple of places just across the border that receive parcels & you go & pick them up & import yourself, much cheaper shipping & no brokerage fees, I'm soon gona have half a cabby waiting in North Dakota if I don't go & pick some stuff up in between...

@ s2kvondeutschland: So far I've heard only heard good about the racelands, what's your exact criticism?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well, obviously there are some differences on bodypanels & roof, but in terms of drivetrain & frontend they are identical to their solid roof ancestors, only the exhaust is somewhat different, must be due to the reinforcements on the cabbies, I've never taken a side-by-side look at cabby & hatchback for underbody comparison.

Shipping costs for parts from the US, don't you ever go to the US? Here in Winnipeg we have a couple of places just across the border that receive parcels & you go & pick them up & import yourself, much cheaper shipping & no brokerage fees, I'm soon gona have half a cabby waiting in North Dakota if I don't go & pick some stuff up in between...

@ s2kvondeutschland: So far I've heard only heard good about the racelands, what's your exact criticism?
I have Racelands on one of my 88's and love them !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.