VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my jetta is no where close to a stock slalom. I'm pretty sure it was at one point in time...I'm almost possitive it's color is silver grey mettalic, and that it is a jetta slalom. For those that might not know, slaloms where created for the 1988 winter olympics in Calgary, and were only sold in Canada. Any one have the production numbers of these cars?

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
FV-QR

So it's a Carat with no rear headrests but it gets a ski rack... I love how VW pre-made cars with racks, I guess they knew that in 20ish years it'd be "hip" to have a roof rack...

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by a2resource.com »
Jetta Slalom (Canada only):
Based on the Jetta, the Slalom was a special model made to celebrate the Olympics.
alloy wheels
body color mirrors and rear spoiler, large front spoiler
sport steering wheel
delay dome light
vanity mirrors, lighted on passenger's side
height adjustable driver's seat
ski sack
6 speaker AM/FM stereo cassette (AKTIV)
power/heated mirrors
special gray/red interior trim
available in Orly Blue Metallic LP5Z and Black Metallic LP9V (colors only available on this model this year, also abvailable in Alipne White L90E, and Silver Gray Metallic LD7V) Options:
automatic
heated front seats
cruise control
A/C
power steering
power windows (4 door model only)

That made me lol.
I'm a little confused "available in Orly Blue Metallic LP5Z and Black Metallic LP9V (colors only available on this model this year, also abvailable in Alipne White L90E, and Silver Gray Metallic LD7V)"
You sure you have a slalom?

Modified by ennui_delphian at 7:16 AM 10-31-2009

·
Registered
22,511 Posts
Re: FV-QR (TealBucket)

Quote, originally posted by TealBucket »
I saw a MIIIIIINT Rust free slalom coupe sitting in a junk yard. unmolested. I was really sad. I wanted to rescue it but I already have the coupe with no space to keep another car.

I know how that goes.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Re: (VW Tuna)

hey thats mine! ^^^
I haven't been able to find out anything about Slalom production numbers... in fact there is little to find out other than from that brochure scan (also mine btw)... some Slaloms had the text on the back under Jetta, others seemed to have it on the side.
the OP is correct, it was a special edition for the 1988 Calgary winter olympics, it was a Canadian only model, and the Orly Blue (yes that's really the correct name) was really unique in North America as this was the only mk2 it was available on... no US mk2's had this colour.
here's a little gallery i have been building over the years with pics of other peoples Slaloms
http://www.vwot.org/community/...m.php

Modified by Slalom at 3:00 PM 11-21-2009

Modified by Slalom at 3:02 PM 11-21-2009

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
i had a silver grey metalic one. that was a ****ing good car, had 470 000 kms on it and still pulled hard and basically never failed. by far the fastest 8v ive ever owned.. not sure why but it was faster then my scirocco 16v lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.