VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this car with intent of restoring. Decided I dont have the skills,patience,money or time to complete this. Brakes go to floor but I have new brakes. Previous owner started the vehicle before I purchased but kept the battery. Has 115k miles and I believe engine and trany is the original. Asking 2k or best offer.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just purchased this car with intent of restoring. Decided I dont have the skills,patience,money or time to complete this. Brakes go to floor but I have new brakes. Previous owner started the vehicle before I purchased but kept the battery. Has 115k miles and I believe engine and trany is the original. Asking 2k or best offer.
Check PM!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I start prepping the car for blasting will it hurt future sales? I would think not because most would want this done anyways. Give me clear and future buyer clearer picture of what's needed.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you’re selling it, don’t begin the body work
If I start prepping the car for blasting will it hurt future sales? I would think not because most would want this done anyways. Give me clear and future buyer clearer picture of what's needed.
Unless you’re going to finish a job, you should consider not starting it and selling it as it is. You’ll likely not get paid for that time and materials of any work in your sale price. Anyone up for this project will want to see it as it is. I say fix it up and keep it because it’s rad!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All thanks for the support but most likely going to keep the car. Getting a lot of questions from out of state residents which is understandable. I was hoping someone local would be interested and they could see the car for themselves.

Does any one know a good body shop that could go over this car for me and is willing to put the work in?

·
Registered
111 Posts
All thanks for the support but most likely going to keep the car. Getting a lot of questions from out of state residents which is understandable. I was hoping someone local would be interested and they could see the car for themselves.

Does any one know a good body shop that could go over this car for me and is willing to put the work in?
Beautiful car man. I had a 1987 gti in this color. It was my most favorite car I ever owned hands down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Afternoon. I'm in CT, outside of Windsor. Do you have any additional pics of the car? I had an '87 years ago and wish I never sold it. Looking for another MK2 to work on/drive.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts