VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recap: I have a 1989 fox coupe base model. Having problems with fuel pump and fuel hose = Poor idle.

Hey so I ordered a fuel pump and went to replace it but then saw that the fuel hose coming to the bottom of the fuel pump is cracked and leaky. I have been everywhere today looking for a replacement hose and it took me awhile just to figure out how big of hose to get.

5/8 fuel hose fits but doesn't it need to be a "fuel injected" fuel hose? The one I can get says "Not intended for fuel injection" Soooo if that doesn't scream "don't use me" I don't know what else does ha.

Can someone point me in the right direction of correct size of hose and where I can get it?

The hose on there is about 2.5 feet long.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
If I understand you connectly you're looking at the hose that feeds the main fuel pump, coming from, errrr, either the filter or the accumulator, I forget which comes last.

That hose isn't under high pressure. The in-tank pump keeps it pressurized and keeps fuel in the accumulator to feed the main pump. Everything upstream of the main pump requires the high pressure FI hose.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh so I can use a regular fuel hose and that should work okay since it's the main pump and not the in tank one? That helps out a lot

And I think it's coming from the accumulator but I don't know for certain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.