VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have a 91 audi v8 quattro for sale. It is automatic. The car does not run it needs a flex plate, i took off the starter and 3 teeth are chipped. Prior to the car chipping 3 teeth it ran, had a little miss fire and when i was going to pull it into my garage to put plugs and wires in it, it wouldn't start. Once again the car DOES NOT RUN. Exterior is in exceptional shape for the year, I haven't found a single spot of rust on the car. FWIW I have the original window sticker. Interior is in pretty decent shape. 17x,xxx miles but ODOMETER IS BROKEN. seats look great, headliner is sagging a bit in the back and the driver rear pillar is a black one instead of tan & driver rear window doesn't roll down. The only mechanical problem I've noticed is that it leaks a decent amount of power steering fluid out of the rack. I'd assume it needs a new rack. $900 cash FIRM. If you are interested call or text me. Bring a trailer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump price drop. I am willing to negotiate on the price just don't lowball me. I know someone would like a rust free v8 early audi.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any updates? Thanks!
I've got ignition issues or fuel pressure ossues. Got it running but not well. Still need to work on it but since my daily has had problems this went on the bsck burner. I have installed a new starter now as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got ignition issues or fuel pressure ossues. Got it running but not well. Still need to work on it but since my daily has had problems this went on the bsck burner. I have installed a new starter now as well.

like most every Audi I have ever had dealings with, this car probably has rust in the gas tank. But here is the catch: Audi installed an internal fiberglass filter inside the tank and this thing is a "known issue" according to Audi. I'm dealing with this very issue with an 86 Audi 4000s.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
like most every Audi I have ever had dealings with, this car probably has rust in the gas tank. But here is the catch: Audi installed an internal fiberglass filter inside the tank and this thing is a "known issue" according to Audi. I'm dealing with this very issue with an 86 Audi 4000s.
I'm not sure I haven't cared enough to mess with it. It's frustrating and it's about one more part away from being shredded. I've sunk too much into it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts