VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a corrado for a while now and came across this one. I found it in the local want ad. The ad read Low miles. New top end,belts,pulleys.hoses,struts and strut mounts,trans transmitter,new axle,heater core,motor mounts,and brakes. Hes asking $2900. That sounds like agood deal to me. If i do go chack it out what are some things i should look for on the car. Thanks guys.
Louie

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Re: 1991 corrado g60 (Louie130309)

Don't waste your time or money, go to a local VW mech and ask if you can bring it in (put it on a lift). Don't trust the PO AT ALL!!! Pay the mech 20-60 to look at it, it will be worth the money in the end trust me (us).
-receipts
-worn tires=bad allignment=maybe possible past damage
-drive it for like 20-30 mins, warm things up and see if you notice anything unusual then park it and look for leaks of any sort.
-take it on the highway, look for shakes in front end or bad suspension even though he SAYS new goods.
Like I said don't trust a PO, they lie no way around it maybe small but still a lie.
-And if you know what your doing look along every visible body panel inside and out (bay&trunk) for wrinkles, if it was ever crashed a body shop may have done a good job fixing the outstide metal but neglected to straighten the inside stuff. Goodluck

Modified by 1967ghia at 3:03 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: 1991 corrado g60 (1967ghia)

Find out if the charger has been rebuilt. If they say it has, ask to see a receipt. The wing and the sunroof are some typical things that break on Corrados that you can check yourself. I agree with Kyle about having a VW mechanic look at it...one who at least knows Corrados somewhat would be best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts