VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*SOLD SOLD SOLD *

Asking $8000 OBO, come look and we can talk price.

Brand new BDF 24v VR6 crate motor - less than 5k on everything
r32 valve cover
Bosch 044 and surge tank
C2 Head Spacer
ARP head studs
630cc Injectors
Lugtronic ECU
Short runner intake
75mm throttle body
Precision FMIC
Tubular exhaust manifold
Precision 5858 turbo
Precision wastegate
3” dp to 2.5” auto tech exhaust
Tial BOV
Quaife LSD
Clutch masters FX400
Lightened flywheel
O2j trans/shifter
Diesel geek short shift
Manual steering rack
Non-AC heater box

Body is decent. Has a few spots: One Rear arch is a little crunchy under the flare. Some small bubbling on the rear under hatch, and the usual light bubbling at the base of the windshield. Floors are in excellent shape. Car has been in my friends group for the better part of 20 years and has mostly been garage kept. It’s 30 years old/not perfect…but we’ve all been very happy. Currently at ~5psi on wastegate. Needs a few odds and ends including: idle valve for cold start drivability and boost controller if you want more power. Plenty more pics available, just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmmmmmm still available?
I might be taking a trip soon to NJ to sell my GLX and I would love to come home with this on the trailer.
Still available. Shoot me a message and I’ll send you my phone number to chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How are the strut towers look on the inside looking up from under the car any rust? Have they been protected?
Strut towers have no issues that I've seen while under the car. I have no pictures though. They have not been "protected" beyond being in a garage most of its life. Only rust I've seen is what is noted in the original post. Shoot me a message with your number and I can send you the detailed "rust" pics. The only rough part is under that rear passenger arch, the rest looks to be very very surface.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts