VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to get rid of one of my B3s, and I just can't let go of my 94 GLX.

ALBUM

Originally 16v automatic w/ ABS. Swapped to AHU 5-speed non-ABS. ABS and automatic wiring harnesses removed. 160kish miles on body and transmission, unknown miles on engine.

Exterior:
-6/10 Calypso Green paint. Car is a 10-footer. Has damage on both rear quarters from a PO, rust has not budged in the 8 years I've owned it.
-GT rear bumper and flares. Front bumper is crappy aftermarket 1 piece that acts as a holdover until a GT front can be sourced.
-Glass sunroof
-Cracked red/white heckblende
roof racks not included

Interior:
-Black interior from a 1992 sedan. Blue dash and cargo cover for GT look.
-Canadian seatbelts
-1200w 4 channel JL amp w/ kicker speakers.

Drivetrain:
AHU pulled from car with trashed transmission. No shaft play in turbo. Valve cover weeps oil, oil pan gasket weeps oil.
currently in limp mode, I suspect clogged up intake manifold. Can definitely still be driven away FIXED 4/30/21
-vr6 clutch and flywheel with about 500 miles
-timing belt and water pump done 500 miles ago
-non AC, but I have most of the B4 tdi stuff to make it happen. HVAC box, controls, AC lines, I think I even have a new condensor somewhere. Still using 16v crossmember and front engine mount.
-FrostHeater block warmer
-mk2 16v control arms and axles to accommodate wider wheels
-mk3 h&r ultra lows, have about 1000 miles on them but also have been through 8 winters or so.
-weird 16x6 Rials with good snows. now on sebrings with new 195/50s

·
Registered
1 Posts

ALBUM

Originally 16v automatic w/ ABS. Swapped to AHU 5-speed non-ABS. ABS and automatic wiring harnesses removed. 160kish miles on body and transmission, unknown miles on engine.

Exterior:
-6/10 Calypso Green paint. Car is a 10-footer. Has damage on both rear quarters from a PO, rust has not budged in the 8 years I've owned it.
-GT rear bumper and flares. Front bumper is crappy aftermarket 1 piece that acts as a holdover until a GT front can be sourced.
-Glass sunroof
roof racks not included

Interior:
-Canadian seatbelts

Drivetrain:
AHU pulled from car with trashed transmission. No shaft play in turbo. Valve cover weeps oil, oil pan gasket weeps oil.
currently in limp mode, I suspect clogged up intake manifold. Can definitely still be driven away
-non AC, but I have most of the B4 tdi stuff to make it happen. HVAC box, controls, AC lines, I think I even have a new condensor somewhere. Still using 16v crossmember and front engine mount.
-mk3 h&r ultra lows, have about 1000 miles on them but also have been through 8 winters or so.
-weird 16x6 Rials with good snows.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Located in Shavertown PA 18708

Car is no longer in limp mode, needed a new #3 injector. Replaced with a spare and runs great with the Malone tune.

Driving was ridiculous with the gas trans, currently has the correct AHU geared 02A.

Title does not state gas or diesel, but it is registered in PA as a diesel.

Also is now sitting on sebrings with new 195/50s.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

Car is no longer in limp mode, needed a new #3 injector. Replaced with a spare and runs great with the Malone tune.

Driving was ridiculous with the gas trans, currently has the correct AHU geared 02A.

Still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts

ALBUM

Exterior:
-Glass sunroof
roof racks not included

Interior:
-Canadian seatbelts

Drivetrain:
currently in limp mode, I suspect clogged up intake manifold. Can definitely still be driven away FIXED 4/30/21
-weird 16x6 Rials with good snows. now on sebrings with new 195/50s
D

Do you have other b3 wagons?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.