VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: 1993 V8Q 4.2 CHIPPED 5SPD!! REDUCED!

ULTRA RARE, 213K original kms (~134K miles), 4.2L V8, K&N air filter, PIAA lights, custom exhaust, IA chip, MOMO steering wheel, upgraded stereo system w/Infinity speakers. Lago blue on tan leather, mint condition car w/some custom body work. Lots of records, selling because of rising school costs...and I'm facing possible deregulation. Everything works with exception of power mirrors and cruise control which recently quit working. The car was very carefully converted to 5spd from automatic. Factory original paint. There's one thumb size dent at the top of the left rear door panel. Hate to see her go, but school is more important to me. This car is the ultimate sleeper, needs nothing. Pics available, rims in picture available at additional cost. Car comes with factory BBS 15' wheels. No test pilots, serious inquiries only please! $8950 US. Email for more details: [email protected] or post here.

Modified by Quattrotrac at 9:37 PM 5-21-2004

Modified by Quattrotrac at 9:38 PM 5-21-2004

Modified by Quattrotrac at 10:18 AM 6-5-2004

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: FS: 1993 V8Q 4.2 CHIPPED 5SPD!! (Quattrotrac)

Truly a rare car... bit high on the asking price, but hey... I'd get it if I had a bunch of extra cash burning a hole in my pocket. Very nice.
Good luck,
Mike

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Re: FS: 1993 V8Q 4.2 CHIPPED 5SPD!! (cialowicz)

very nice car, and if it was the car I saw the other day in sounds great to
good luck on the sale

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FS: 1993 V8Q 4.2 CHIPPED 5SPD!! (callawayrabbit)

Thanks. Where did you see it?
I wasn't speeding again was I? :$

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Re: FS: 1993 V8Q 4.2 CHIPPED 5SPD!! (Quattrotrac)

Absolutely an incredible car!
I'm sure that's someone's dream car, and it is worth a bundle. It is just going to take time to find that special person who can't live without it!
Best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (PitViper)

What V8 do you have?
If it's a 3.6 automatic....IMO, it's not worth it. If you want to get the most out of the chip...you'll have to be running at least 92 octane fuel for anything noticeable. If you can look past all that, then a chip is helpful in the mid-range. You notice a change....but don't expect a significant power increase on a 3.6.
I only chipped mine cause of the 5spd and because its a 4.2L....the change was very dramatic. The car responds alot better now.
If you want to get the most power out of a 3.6, a chip is a good mod overall...but it's pricey. If you do get a chip, go with IA.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will be putting a 4.2l V8 into my 90 and converting it over to a 5 spd. Do you know what it added for HP? Also, did it eliminate the electronic speed limitation?
Thanks for the info!

Modified by PitViper at 6:49 PM 5-30-2004

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (PitViper)

With a 4.2....assuming it is bone stock at 276 hp, with a chip expect to be pushing about 300.
As for the electronic limiter....I don't know. I haven't been able to test the upper limits of my V8....police are crawling all over the place. I've heard that the IA chip does infact bypass it, but some people have told me that the limiter is still there at 133 mph.
Good luck with your 5spd conversion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts