VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My father recently purchased a very clean Audi 90 with only 94k miles on it, and we both agree it needs a good lowering with a nice set of wheels. I have searched all over the place, and have found no coilovers for it. Are there any other chassis that will be a direct fit for it? Or, does anyone know of lowering springs or coilovers (preferably) for a '95 90 v6 quattro??

Thanks, Wyatt

·
Registered
532 Posts
You would have to build coilovers for the front. It requires cutting off the spring purchase, welding on a seat ring, and buying the coilover parts from QA1. For the rear, you can use ones from a B5.

Springs are easier to find. Look up B&G, I have them on my B3q, and my friend had them on his B4q.

·
Registered
1995 Audi 90 Sport Quattro, 2018 XC90
2,320 Posts
You should be able to get coilovers from Europe, either used or new from KW. Try s2forum.com for used.

There is a KW dealer on there too but you can order from tunershop as they have both US and European retailers. 2Bennett may offer coilovers also but they are generally expensive for what you get.

If you DIY, you can use a universal coilovers sleeve for the front and a B5 kit for the rear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should be able to get coilovers from Europe, either used or new from KW. Try s2forum.com for used.

There is a KW dealer on there too but you can order from tunershop as they have both US and European retailers. 2Bennett may offer coilovers also but they are generally expensive for what you get.

If you DIY, you can use a universal coilovers sleeve for the front and a B5 kit for the rear.
By universal you mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
747 Posts
2BennettAudimotive does coilovers for them, but they are rather expensive. A simple set of Bilstein Sport shocks and some Eibach springs would be a much cheaper alternative, and make for a nice setup on those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.