VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 1996 passat off ebay and need info on this model car and what the worth of this car might be. I also would like to know how good of a car this is and if it is worth buying. Any other info regarding this car would be cool.. This car has 118,000 miles and is a GLS version don't know if it is a VR6
Thank in advance for your time.
Rich

[Modified by zspidermanz00, 8:47 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
461 Posts
Re: 1996 Passat (buying this car need info) Help (zspidermanz00)

In general it is a very good car. They are known to have some problems but nothing overwhelming. What is the milage on the car? Is it a VR6? We need a little more info for what it's worth. You'll have fun with your new Passat!

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: 1996 Passat (buying this car need info) Help (zspidermanz00)

quote:[HR][/HR]I am looking to buy a 1996 passat off ebay and need info on this model car and what the worth of this car might be. I also would like to know how good of a car this is and if it is worth buying. Any other info regarding this car would be cool.. This car has 118,000 miles and is a GLS version don't know if it is a VR6[HR][/HR]​
well, if it's a GLS, then it's a 4 cyl passat. GLX is the VR6 model (at least in the USA)
sorry, don't have any experience w/ 4 cyl passats but someone will chime in
!
bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.