VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1997 VW Passat GLX VR6 Wagen (manual trans)

* Edit on 06/08:

My Wagen was sold to a good friend of mine at the beginning of January. He has recently purchased a Corvette Z06, and this is a dream build of his. Therefore he has decided to resell my old Wagen and is asking $4,500.

I am reviving this post for him, and if anyone is interested, please DM me, and I will put you in contact with him. The Wagen is located in Lafayette, LA. Note he has had several serious offers at $4,000 within the first 18-hours of posting on Facebook. He has put those offers on hold for another week to allow others interested a chance to outbid.

Thanks for viewing and any potential inquiries.

God bless you all!

~Gabriel

* Edit on 12/02: My career has called for my Family and I to Relocate to Houston, TX. Priced for a quick sell to free up space and funds as we are moving within the next 3-weeks. $4000! It’s a steal, and I’m taking a significant loss, which will be someone’s colossal gain. *

Back-up for sale. Just don’t have the time to focus on her, let alone even drive and enjoy her. Back up for sale and still in need of an AC compressor and heater core.

I have been on the fence as to if I want to sell my B4 VR6 or not. Just really missing MK2 and MK3 Golf/GTI’s but still Love my B4 and not sure what to do... Having said all that and after much thought and prayer, I am willing to offer up my B4 to the right buyer for the right price. Asking price is a firm $7500, located near Lafayette, LA.

Before I purchased the Wagen, it had been owned by one man since he bought it new in December of 96. She’s absolutely mint and is sitting at 100k miles. All original OEM, 12v VR6, manual trans that shifts like butter, mint black leather interior and paint still shines like new. The car spent 90% of its life being stored in the garage by the previous owner and as well as me and never seen a drive-thru car wash in its lifetime.

Since I’ve owned it, I have completely refurbished the suspension and steering components with all new OEM parts straight from the VW dealership. Afterward, I installed Air Lift Performance setup with a manual paddle setup to keep with a 90’s era theme. The setup has less than 200 miles on it. Four brand new tires with around 500 miles. It also has an “iSimple” Bluetooth module hooked up to the OEM stereo/cassette deck and all new speaker components all the way around and a JBL sub in the cargo space. New battery, fresh oil change, and new cabin air filter. New OEM rear boot badges, Passat GLX & VR6. New OEM front bumper lights L/R - fog, tow hook cover & turns. New OEM L/R marker lights. All work except for audio done at local VW Dealership to include the airlift setup.

The only issues are some dings to the roof and hood, which occurred during its previous ownership went through a bad hail storm. Another small dent on one of the rear doors. Some minor imperfections to the paint at the rear and front bumpers. And the AC compressor went out several months ago.

You will not find a cleaner low mileage B4 anywhere’s, trust me I searched, and this one just appeared out of the blue once in the past, and I sealed the deal within 2-days of it being posted on Craigslist. While in route to pick it up a state away, he was getting tons of offers, but our deal had already been made. I picked up in San Antonio, TX, and drove it home 7+ hours without a hiccup, and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I’ve been around. Actually moved from Houston to this area at the end of 2013. Might have seen me around in either a helios blue or tornado red Mk2 GTI, white R32 or a fashion grey MK3 GTI. I’ve failed to be able to link up with any other enthusiasts around here outside of those from the VW & Audi dealership as well as my good friends at VW Plus on Johnston St. Seems to be more of a Japanese import scene out here and big trucks lol.

Thanks for your well wishes mate

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ha Haaa!!...ahh yes, all things Dub in Lafayette- at some point, go thru Chris over at VW Plus. Great shop. He helped me keep a couple of my old school MK2's running well.

I can't say that I've seen you since it's been sooo long ago, but whenever I was in town, I mostly cruised around in a slammed White MK2 jetta with a 1.9TD swap-with ALL tha smoke lol.

Anyhew, since moving here I've switched to a MK4 VR6 jetta wagon. LUVIN tha wagon life!...

I HATE I can't come get yours :p

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Bro Chris and his Mom have been a huge blessing to me and my Fam and have become part of our extended Fam since we moved here. Good honest people and an incredible amount of knowledge.

Think I do recall hearing of you car but not seeing it I don’t think. Did you know Hayden as well?

Love the MK4 Jetta Wagen, my Brother had one a little while back in Houston and it was totaled.

Bro you don’t have to come get it from me, I can take it to you, just say when.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... after pulling it out the garage, a nice detail and shine and putting a little over 200 miles on the Wagen, I was easily reminded how awesome of a B4 this really is. A top notch example of one of the few remaining solid B4 VR6’s.

Therefor I’ve decided to hold on to the Wagen. AC compressor and associated components already ordered. Tuesday morning it will be dropped off at a premier Auto AC repair shop. Also placed an order for a new exhaust system, high flow cat, BFI street chip, intake and some other intake and air flow upgrades.

Thanks for the interest via PM’s and my apologies however it is no longer for sale.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bro, That's ALMOST as painful as hearing that you sold it to someone...ANYONE else ha Haaa!

I guess the good news is...there's a chance that wagon could still be mine someday

:p

Cheers man!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha...

Someday maybe... just let me know when you are ready and maybe we can make something work. Considering we share some mutual friends and grounds.

In God’s speed...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back-up for sale. Just don’t have the time to focus on her let alone even drive and enjoy her. Back up for sale and still in need of AC compressor and heater core.

$5500 absolute bottom dollar!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
* Edit on 12/02: My career has called for my Family and I to Relocate to Houston, TX. Priced for a quick sell to free up space and funds as we are moving within the next 3-weeks. $4000! It’s a steal and I’m taking a major loss which will be someone’s huge gain. *

Currently traveling out of the country for work so if you PM me I will get back with you sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Wagen was sold to a good friend of mine at the beginning of January. He has recently purchased a Corvette Z06 and this is a dream build of his. Therefore he has decided to resell my old Wagen and is asking $4,500.

I am reviving this post for him and if anyone is interested please DM me and I will put you in contact with him. The Wagen is located in Lafayette, LA. Note he has had several serious offers at $4,000 within the first 18-hours of posting on Facebook. He has put those offers on hold for another week to allow others interested a chance to out bid.

Thanks for viewing and and any potential inquiries.

God bless you all!

~Gabriel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.