VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jetta has the Bose premium sound system in it. From what I have heard, if I'm wrong, please let me know.
6 3/4" rounds are in the door pods w/ 1" tweeters up higher in the doors - 6 3/4" rounds are in the rear deck - 4" plates are in the dash
I have not found the real specs on the Bose speakers in there regarding RMS or the rating on the onboard "amp" that is in the car. Any news on that would be appreciated? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Re: 1998 Jetta GLX - Speaker Questions (Weakness)

sounds like you and I are at the same place right now....I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to add a single CD player in the dash but keep my stock bose speakers/amp.....one place quoted me 5 hours to rewire and another said all i need was a $80 adapter.....I don't know what to do....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: 1998 Jetta GLX - Speaker Questions (Johnny G)

Alright, here's my first post,
anyway, I just installed an MP3/cd player for my 97 Jetta GLX. I too ran into the same deal, asking everyone questions and getting nowhere. I HIGHLY recommend crutchfield. All you have to buy is an adaptor for $49 so that your new head unit can talk to your factory Bose amp. This adaptor gets wired in to the factory harness. It only took under two hours to do all the splicing (and thats including a couple beer break and dinner) . Not to mention with crutchfield you get the free tech support if you're new at this....plus they even give you the tools to remove your factory radio. Christ, I sound like a sales rep for them. Anyway, I was thoroughly impressed. Good luck!
oh yeah, so go here: http://www.crutchfield.com

[Modified by VR6Schwing, 3:50 PM 4-8-2002]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts