VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1998 VW Jetta GLX VR6, SOMETIMES When I start the car, the ABS light will stay on, the Brake light will stay on & I noticed the A/C does not work. I can turn the car off, back on & 98% of the time it will fix the problem, the other 2% of the time I will have to turn the car back off & back on, maybe two more times. Don't know where to even start for trouble shooting this one... Any idea's?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 1998 VW Jetta GLX VR6 ABS/Brake issue (Dan J Reed)

I see that the switch is fairly cheap, but what kind of manhours am I looking at... Did you do it yourself or pay? If you did it yourself, do you have the teardown process in writing?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,347 Posts
Re: (2slo4me)

The only difficult part is removing the steering wheel. You have to pull it. You can get the toot or one that will work at any auto parts stoor. One last thing. When you remove the steering wheel, if you disconect the airbag, DO NOT turn the Key! If you dont have the air bag cable and plug back in you will throw the airbag CEL and you will have to get it VAGed to turn it off. PITA for me.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top