VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to drop my car... Was suggested that I purcahse max speed coil overs... How much will this effect the ride? Are there any springs that can lower my car a decent amount and not effect the smoothness of the ride that much? Neuspeed sport springs claim they can, thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Re: 1999.5 golf gls, what springs to drop my car with? (2.0mk4)

if you want sport springs i would go with H&R. the h&r's keep the car lower in the front than in the back which is how the car is in stock form. the neuspeed evens the front and back out. I have neuspeed sport springs, but from a purely visual point of view i think the h&r's look better. Performance wise, i have no idea how both compare, but from what i hear they are relatively similar.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: 1999.5 golf gls, what springs to drop my car with? (2.0mk4)

I had H&R sport springs on my old 99 2.0L and HIGHLY recomend them. Do yourself a favor and get shocks at the same time. I would suggest Bilstein or Koni, leaning towards Koni since they are adjustable. Actually I think there is a Koni GB where you can get the shocks paired with any brand of springs.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Re: 1999.5 golf gls, what springs to drop my car with? (einsig)

i have the H&R sports on my car with stock shocks, and im gonna stick with those untill they go out, probably aint gonna worry about shocks for another 3 years...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: 1999.5 golf gls, what springs to drop my car with? (Zuber Speed)

I did that at first and the shocks went out very quickly. It wasn't gradual, one day they just sucked. When they are bad like that they are really sensitive to cold weather too. That is why I'm warning you guys. Just get them installed at the same time and you'll save the $$$ from having to have 2 suspension installs. Trust me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.