VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday I started my car and noticed that I no longer had a working gas pedal. When I pressed the pedal, no gas was going to the engine. When the pedal was in working order, it felt like there was resistance. When you press on it now it feels like some sort of cable is broken.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is the gas pedal part of the drive train?
Thanks Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 1999 Passat 1.8 Turdo Wagon

I find it crazy these time expiring warrantees. I have a 1999 Passat 1.8 Turbo Wagon 40.000 miles. Last Month I had no lights working in the car, non…all gone on a dark interstate in Vermont. My wife in the passenger seat pregnant with my first child. I stopped the car and turned the ignition switch and they came back on. I take the car to Lewis Motors and they tell me that the ignition switch is gone and the wire harness attached to it was melted. The dealership mechanic said that because my wife had five keys on the key to the car the weight of the keys cause the ignition switch to short and melt the harness. Now no gas pedal, and all out of warranty…I seams like anytime something crazy happens to the VW I pay the
price…I’m almost over it.
My car has now been at the dealer ship (Lewis Motors) for two days and they still don’t know what’s wrong with it.
Any on know a good shop in Vermont?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts