VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon me, but I am about to ask a question that there is probably already an answer for. I have an opportunity to pick up some wheels that are 19x8.5 ET 42. I did a bunch of reading and a lot of using "will they fit" calculator. I know the rear will be find for sure, but I am just a little worried about the front. I will be on VWR springs and have 235/35/19s. Anyone running this same setup or maybe an ET slightly lower than 42 without rubbing? I don't want to roll fender and make camber adjustment to fit. using the calculators and comparing it to the ECS flush kit (15mm and 20mm) I should poke about 4.7mm more than stock wheels with 15 mm spacers. I think I am calculating that correctly. I believe the stockers are ET 49 so I am subtracting 15mm from that and calculating the first with an ET of 34. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Yes, that setup will fit without rubbing.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
They will definitely rub in the back if your car is on coilovers!

I have 19x8.5 ET 45 and I am at the limit in the rear.
Weird, I'm at 18x8.5 with a 245/40 meaty tire and have about 5-7mm of clearance in the rear... fronts are the only ones that are very close for me.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
i see you run the same size at et45. Do you think you would have an extra 3mm clearance in the front without issue, even with the 245's?
You said you where running 235's above, not 245's. I literally only have a couple MM (at most) of clearance at almost all points inside the fender, I would suggest going with the 235's with that wheel offset just to be safe. Only fender mod that might be required is inner fender screw removal. I rolled and pulled the front fenders a little recently to allow for some extra breathing room in there, but it wasn't required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts