VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 03 GLI with only 1500 miles on it. I noticed that at almost exactly 1k rpm the car shakes. The cars very smooth at any other rpm and it doesnt matter if its in gear or not. Nothing violent, but a noticeable tremmor just wondering if any of you have ever heard of this? Maybe a bad engine mount? Thanks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Re: 1k rpm shake (Fropleyquark)

1k Rpm isn't much over idle, so I assume you are feeling this only when you take-off from a standing start in first gear? I notice mine has the rough idle thing when I start it, but no issues with continuing driving once underway and warmed-up. Does yours do this even when warmed-up?

·
Registered
9,014 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Fropleyquark »
Ive got a 03 GLI with only 1500 miles on it. I noticed that at almost exactly 1k rpm the car shakes. The cars very smooth at any other rpm and it doesnt matter if its in gear or not. Nothing violent, but a noticeable tremmor just wondering if any of you have ever heard of this? Maybe a bad engine mount? Thanks.

check the archives, its been discussed, it is "just the nature of the beast" nothing is wrong w/ your car every single 24v does this and there is no way to stop it, it would be like trying to make your car sound like a honda civic. it just wont happen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1k rpm shake (Banditt007)

ok thanks. I did try to check the archives, didnt find anything. And no, its not when Im taking off. Doesnt matter if the cars warmed up or not, in gear or not, moving or not.... 1k rpm=tremmor. If everyone has this problem, then Im not going to worry about it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
644 Posts

i think it's withdrawl it needs a fix ! my dealer said it has something to do with the timing chain ? dude get used it ,many more idiosynchrosies to come, just wait until you get the warm idle stall ,or how about that noisy shifter , and the car a pup off the line ,otherwise i love the car !!

·
Registered
942 Posts

My car has around 1000 miles on it and I can confidently say that my car does not have this problem.
Maybe a lot of folks have this problem, and its no big deal, but I think that this may be an overstatement at best.
If it is easy to replicate the condition, which it appears it is in your case, I would at least have the dealer check it out. This provides you with a formal event trail, if things go downhill with the "tremor" problems getting worse at some point in the future.
My .02

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 1k rpm shake (N10S)

Id like to take it to the dealer to have it looked at but Im sure everyone here has some sort of dealer horror story. Im no different, I HATE taking my car in. It seems like every dealership Ive been to will do anything to keep from having to work on my car. The only answer I ever get is "thats normal". I cant even tell you in words how much I hate going to the dealerships. Its always a fight. OK, Im done ranting.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Hallo, I'm Marco from Italy and I have a Golf 2800 V6 4motion...
I've bought it and it was used...
Also my engine shake at 1k rpm , i've asked about this problem to VW directly and they answer me "that's normal, don't worry boy, is a fisiological shake"...

I have believed to it...
The car seems to be perfect, i've only a little problem with maf...

Marco (from Italy)

Modified by thinkman at 4:11 PM 2-18-2004

1 - 11 of 11 Posts