VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its dumb not to get a bently when doing a swap but i have no extra money and wanted to do the swap heres a few problems.. the radiator fan comes on right when you turn the key to give it power..there is no coolant in it right not because we just finished putting it together and i was wondering if that could be it, or maybe a backwards wirejob. i also have an extra harness with a few plugs coming off the drivers side headlight harness, any ideas what this is. I need this car soon so any help and/or wiring diagram pics would help
(the motor is a 2.0 16v motronic out of a 92gli and im putting it into an 89 jetta that was previously 1.8 8v digiII both of these cars are ce2)
im in a jam here so any help is greatly appreciated, also if you have some lame comment about me not getting a book to look at please keep it to yourself..thanks in advance

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2.0 16v wiring question (secretproject3)

ok new problem... fan stopped being wacky not i am not getting power to the coil. on the back of the fuse box there is a slot labeled "s" and in that slot there is a plug with 5 wires. the wire(black and grey i believe) at the end of the plug closest to the middle of the box is the one that gets the power and it looks like the one coming from the coil is green and in the third slot i believe. the green one is getting no power..

Modified by secretproject3 at 3:08 AM 5-26-2004

1 - 4 of 4 Posts