VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I do to keep it from idleing like crap. Is there a chip that will turn the fuel down at idle and deliver plenty on WOT?
What are my other fueling options maybe stock injectors with a fpr?
anybody know what atp doing?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Re: 2.0 aba turbo wanting to use g60 injectors (trbotwuk)

your going to have to explain your setup alittle further.....
what is the setup?
do you have a chip?
where did the setup come from ie did you buy it new from ATP?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2.0 aba turbo wanting to use g60 injectors (HappyVdubber2)

I was reading the book 'maximum boost' by corky bell and in the book it said if you go with bigger injector the engine will idle like crap due to it getting to much gas

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: 2.0 aba turbo wanting to use g60 injectors (evoeone)

yes its called a cartech fpr.
Run the base fuel pressure less (see fuel injector calculator) so the effective flow rate of the larger injectors is equal at lower base fuel pressure, then use the adjustable gain rate on the cartech to ramp the boost fuel in.
If you don't have a cartech. You may try using a lower rate fpr, like 2.0 or 2.5bar (if yours is 3.0 stock). Then use whatever rising rate to compensate.
The ecu will see near stock fueling since off boost the flow would be near identical to the original injectors, and your mechanical doohickeys would compensate as boost comes on.
Does that make sense?
Ultimately its a software issue though. The chiptuners should be able to modify the fueling to take care of this. For the g60 we have several nifty tricks to alter the pulsewidth based on the boost. i'm shooting for 42-55# injectors now all under ecu control. It is challenging, and requires more than a map tuner, you need someone that understands the code in depth, and can modify all the various fueling points to retain emissions friendly, and a nice smooth closed loop mode.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Re: 2.0 aba turbo wanting to use g60 injectors (mrkrad)

I have personally installed G-60 injectors in 2 aba MkIII turbo cars and they work great.You will have a smelly idle (rich smell) with a trace of smoke,but it is rich (which is good)enough to be able to run 15psi on stock chip and fmu.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Re: 2.0 aba turbo wanting to use g60 injectors (SILVERADO)

I had G60 injectors in my turbo 2l with a FMU and could'nt get it leaned out enough to work properly.
There is hope though.I have working on my car now a piggyback system that controls fuel and timing.It has a built in map sensor for reference and with stock injectors will lean it out enough to kill the motor at idle.I can also run it rich enough to kill it at idle.As for the timing I can retard the timing enough where it takes about 15sec to tach out under no load.This is going to be a very good thing for 2l and v6 turbo cars.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 2.0 aba turbo wanting to use g60 injectors (SILVERADO)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have personally installed G-60 injectors in 2 aba MkIII turbo cars and they work great.You will have a smelly idle (rich smell) with a trace of smoke,but it is rich (which is good)enough to be able to run 15psi on stock chip and fmu.[HR][/HR]​

Do you have cartech fuel pressure riser? I was under the impression that if the cartech was used you could adjust it so at idle the fuel would not be rich from the bigger injectors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.