VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm getting crank postion sensor codes on my friends '95 crossflow..
Has anyone ordered this part before? german auto parts cant get it anywhere other than the dealer, and NAPA (i have an account there) doesnt even have a part number for it.
So i called my friend who works at another reputable shop and he's getting what he thinks is the same- an "RPM sensor" is this the same thing? I'm assuming it is, but if you have changed this before let me know whats up... seems odd to me that such a critical part is hard to find.
Is this a PITA to change? i realize it is right under the dist, but will i need to move things around etc? I did a search and found nothing but skeptics..
thanks for your help
robbed pic for views..

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Re: 2.0 Crank Position Sensor (2dr8vAnthony)

not sure about your problem....
just a free bump for you and one of the nicest 2.0 engine bays i've seen.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Re: (purplejettahondaeater)

Ire had to get this replaced to. The RPM sensor is not the same, So Iam told. The Crank sensor is for the timing. Its located like you said but I think under the oiL filter housing. I found it on a few web sits but there all the same price as the dealer. To marrow try calling this number
1800 VW Parts
They sell new and used items all with all wth a guarinty of some sort. I have dealt with them a number of times. The only set back is that they only take C.0. D. But for the price, it is well worth it. They tend to sell every thing around whole sell.

Hope this help.
Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts