VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,226 Posts
Re: (bobqzzi)

Quote, originally posted by bobqzzi »
I think it cetainly would depend on your goals.
Once I got to 400hp, I think I'd start to get nervous with a cast crank. Or much past 7500rpm

Arnold told me he has a TT with a aeg crank making over 550whp if im not mistaken. Maybe he will chime in to correct me.
passatG60 (10:48 PM 10-29-2007): well, on 27psi on c16, it was around 520whp

Modified by cincyTT at 10:52 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
489 Posts
I am glad to see that this crank can be used in ours 1.8T for 2.0 stroker setup.
The crank cost over here around 500 EUR, thats not that much if you consider that this crank is forged and good for a lot of power

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Re: (AudiA4_18T)

Quote, originally posted by AudiA4_18T »
seems like too much work when the AEG crank drops right in
or just swap the FSI 21-tooth oil pump gear for the 19-tooth 1.8t/aeg gear and use the 1.8t oil pump..
But would the FSI oil pump be better for a built 20v?
Does anyone know if we can get these gears easily in the states? Last time I checked we had to buy the whole crank to get the gear too..

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Re: (transient_analysis)

firstvwparts.com has this crank:
Part, MSRP, Core Price, Price
06A105021AR, $789.51, $0.00, $645.34
Engine - Crankshaft & bearings - Crankshaft
Crankshaft, eos - 2.0l 2007
Not too bad of a cost.. now to figure out the oil pump gear..

G

·
Re: (macosxuser)

Quote, originally posted by macosxuser »
More metal, forged instead of cast...

of course there is more metal, it's a longer stroke. doesn't mean it's automatically stronger. and the 1.8t is forged....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Any idea what's involved in fitting this crankshaft into the 1.8 20v engine block ,, ie any machining ,how is oil pump fitted any further info

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hi guy im in uk and struggling to get the right crank for my 1.8 20v engine
I found find a 2.0 crank .ive found one but only number is 6AAJ which im unsure off tbh

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
this thread is pretty old;)

What block are you working with? and are you trying to source a used one or new?
Hi im working with 1.8 20v agu block .but been advised on either 1.9 tdi crank or 2.0fsi crank (but i wont a forged one not cast )type)
Im in the uk .so unsure if crank and part numbers mybe differnert
So before i go ahead and order correct pitons rely need the right crankshaft type and numbers

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Geez some flashback names in this thread :sly:
you got that right :D

I am not really familiar with the AGU,I think it is a big port head with a cable driven throttle body like the AEB,so that makes me wonder if it has a intermediate shaft or not.If it is a 058 series block that has a IM shaft the FSI crank wont work for you,you'll need a early forged ABA crank or custom aftermarket instead.The 2l ABA and FSI cranks would use the same pistons though,as for the 1.9 D crank though that is a whole different ball game and I personally am not a fan of using them because it takes a lot more money for custom parts for very little gain in displacement imo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
For AGU engine take 06A105021AR crankshaft. This is from 2.0 TFSI transverse engine, like Golf MK5 GTI. It fits without any modifications in AGU crankcase. You need to buy also 06A105209 tooth gear for oil pump from AGU crankshaft and put it on TFSI crankshaft. Or use old AGU tooth gear and put it on TFSI crankshaft.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.