VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would happen if i was to bolt up a 2.0 tranny to my 1.8t? would it harm performance? would it even bolt up? it's a 2001 golf 2.0 tranny. i have a 2001 1.8t gti....
please let me know as i'm in need of a tranny and i have someone local selling a 2.0 tranny, pratically brand new for 200 bucks

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Whats up man...I don't have an answer for your question unfortunantely but i was wondering where you are getting your tranny from? MY reverse gear makes this incredibly loud click noise when i back up..my mechanic told my the reverse is screwed.
If you could help that would be great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: 2.0 tranny? (GTiTES)

I am fairly certain it will bolt up. However, you will be looking at different gear ratios - a much deeper (lower) ratio of 4.20. You will be a lot faster off the line, but will be spinning high on the freeway. This is something I have looked into as well. $200 is hard to pass up, though. If you don't want to mess with the ratio problem, let it go. Let me know if you don't. I might want it for another project.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: 2.0 tranny? (Scottyfish)

i currently don't have it in posession but the guy that has it wanted to let it go for about 200 -250. I'll see if he still ahs it, and i'll let u guys know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts