VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
few weeks back i bought complete 2.0t fsi short block for my stroker build. i know a lot of u were intersted in seeing some pics of it, especially the crank. so here u go http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
seems like its gonna be a hell of a build! do you know what heads will bolt on? whats the target displacment?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (T-Boy)

Quote, originally posted by T-Boy »
damn....how much did that set you back?

i won't say, but it was less than most 2.0 aeg motors go in the classifieds, just got lucky

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Re: (polskigti4)

Quote, originally posted by polskigti4 »

i won't say, but it was less than most 2.0 aeg motors go in the classifieds, just got lucky

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif lucky you

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
come on come on come on!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (jettaturbokid30)

Quote, originally posted by jettaturbokid30 »

Interesting, are you swapping out the OEM rods and pistons for aftermarket forged pieces?

rods are the same crap that 1.8t uses, pistons are nice forged units but wont work with 20v head, 2.0t fsi is 16v
i would use pauter rods and custom pistons, the rest will be swaped from my curent set up(link in my signature if u want to check it out, car is running on autronic sm4 now, not unitronic. also added w/m injection)

Modified by polskigti4 at 6:48 PM 10-6-2007

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (mirror)

guys look at the 10th picture, where i point my finger at the block, that's where on 1.8t block that metal pipe that runs to heater box is conected. here it is blocked. what do u think i should do about that? that is the only difference(besides the bore) beetwen 1.8t and 2.0t blocks

·
Registered
14,374 Posts
Re: (inivid)

Quote, originally posted by inivid »
yer screwed. sell it to me.

agree'd, im closer i'll pick it up.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Re: (polskigti4)

Oil pump reminds me of the unit on my ALT block

Quote, originally posted by polskigti4 »
guys look at the 10th picture, where i point my finger at the block, that's where on 1.8t block that metal pipe that runs to heater box is conected. here it is blocked. what do u think i should do about that? that is the only difference(besides the bore) beetwen 1.8t and 2.0t blocks

Dont run a heater core?

Run the feed from the rear of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Re: (20thAEGti1009)

Quote, originally posted by 20thAEGti1009 »
you could always send it to a machine shop and have the block machined to accept the metal pipe so you can still run a heater

That would be such a PITA...the block is cast,they might crack it if they dont know wtf they are doing.
This isnt a eurospec girdle:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.