VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

· Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2.0T Hard Shift TSB (BostonB6)

Funny, all of a sudden , nobody's interested? Mine goes in on Friday for the flash. I'll post the results.

· Registered
3,324 Posts

Quote, originally posted by BostonB6 »
Funny, all of a sudden , nobody's interested? Mine goes in on Friday for the flash. I'll post the results.

You know I'm interested, my friend. And, you're not the only one who's busy, you know.

Thanks, man. Off to the dealer.

· Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: 2.0T Hard Shift TSB (Pier2.0T)

Quote, originally posted by Pier2.0T »
You know I'm interested, my friend. And, you're not the only one who's busy, you know.

Thanks, man. Off to the dealer.

Welcome back! You've been like the invisible man. Hope it works for both of us but it does say on the TSB that if the flash doesn't work, a replacement valve body is required.
Since the TCM is being reflashed. I'm not sure if you'd lose the ECU chipping.
The rough shift is REALLY noticable, especially when the car is cold.

Modified by BostonB6 at 10:18 PM 11-29-2006

· Registered
771 Posts

I'm interested except that my 2.0T tip doesn't shift hard ever .... looking forward to the results of the re-flash. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 2.0T Hard Shift TSB (f_399)

Quote, originally posted by f_399 »
has anybody heard a "CLICK" from the transmision

What is happening when you hear the click? Shifting, accelerating, downshifting?

· Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (hragsarkissian)

Quote, originally posted by hragsarkissian »
So would it or woudln't erease my flash ?

I did a little more research. You would lose your aftermarket flash with this procedure.

· Registered
3,324 Posts

Welcome back! You've been like the invisible man. Hope it works for both of us but it does say on the TSB that if the flash doesn't work, a replacement valve body is required.

Ever since I lost my gig at MBUSA my career has been a horror-show. Anyhow, I'm sure eventually the rumored light will be at the end of the tunnel will show up.
The flash or valve body replacement better work. It will determine whether this is my last time in a VW - ever.

· Registered
116 Posts
Re: 2.0T Hard Shift TSB (f_399)

Quote, originally posted by f_399 »
has anybody heard a "CLICK" from the transmision

YES!!!
Finally, somebody else who has it. When you lift throttle after hard acceleration, such as when you're merging onto a highway with fast traffic.
Very noticeable and it freaks me out a bit.

Anybody else?

· Registered
30 Posts
Re: 2.0T Hard Shift TSB (thomwagon)

The click happened to me three times when downshifting and it is more like a big BOOM. I also had/have the up shifting problems from 1 to 2 when the engine was cold.
I took the car to the dealer and showed told them about the TBS. They upgraded the software but did not replace the valve cover body.
Next I went back to the dealer and showed them the TBS where it says that the valve cover body needs to be replaced and the software upgraded.
The service manager told me that the technician did not read all the TBS.
He must have read it from the end to the beginning since the first line in the TBS for the solution to this problem states:
"Install an updated transmission valve body and update the transmission control module software." The service manager told that to all the cars with the similar problem they were upgraded the software only. However he said that he will order the part and will replace it. It is my understanding that replacing this part takes a lot of time and hard work.
Due to some other issues that I had with this dealer
http://(http://forums.vwvortex...1807) I am trying to get my car to a different dealer and have they fix all my problems.
Has anybody have a problem with the rear window wiper? Mine decided that is wiping clean the rear window is a hard work and this after replacing the blade.
Teo

· Registered
598 Posts
wooooooooooot. Going in on Tuesday for some other work, cant clear some codes on my dash. ESP and ABS/ESP are all off. very odd, they cant clear it, need vw to walk them through it. And will get the flash! Hope it reduces the lag on the throttle, as well as the shift.
x

· Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: 2.0T Hard Shift TSB (todorutz)

Quote, originally posted by todorutz »

The service manager told me that the technician did not read all the TBS.
He must have read it from the end to the beginning since the first line in the TBS for the solution to this problem states:
"Install an updated transmission valve body and update the transmission control module software." The service manager told that to all the cars with the similar problem they were upgraded the software only. However he said that he will order the part and will replace it. It is my understanding that replacing this part takes a lot of time and hard work.

I re-read the TSB and it does indeed indicate replacement of the valve body AND the flash is required..

· Registered
598 Posts
If flash does no t fix the problem, then valve-body is required. My question is, is it our subjective opinion as to it being fixed or do we need the dealership to replicate? And, any information on this reducing the throttle hesitation?
x

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.