VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys i'm getting back into the vw scene.. used to have a mk3 golf but sold it and i'm planning to buy another vw..a 94-98 jetta... well the question i have at hand is what would you guys choose...a turbo 2.0 or a vr6 (will probably turbo but not any time soon....money..) well see i can get a 2.0 jetta for cheap and have money left over to turbo it..or i can get a vr6 jetta now but stay very lienent on mods because of the overall price of a vr6 jetta and how much it costes for a mod on this engine... i love both engines and just want your inputs. the turbo will be faster obviously off the the start but if i turbo a vr6 i know i will smoke a 2.0 turbo...it's just that a vr6 is a very expensive engine and i know i will turbo it one day i just don't know if i have the patience for it... including parts for the vr6 is like triple the price it costes for a 2.0... but like everyone knows the vr6 is a beast...and max potential is a question too..like the vr6 will be at close to 300 hp with t3/t4 turbo set up at 9 pds.. (and that is not even maxed out) and the 2.0 will be at 210 with the same set up... (maxed out) so overall max potential and power is a question too...what do you guys think 2.0t and have good power from the start but limited overall or a vr6 slower now but faster (alot) later... these plans are gonna take place very soon so your input will be very helpful and please no search inputs...ughhh how annoying.. i did search but there is no question i've seen this specific...thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'm also worried about reliability and max output... i know the vr6 tends to run hotter then usual, i know it will be even worst with turbo, what have you guys done to overcome this problem?? i was thinking oil cooler and better radiator???? plus max output is a issue, i know with a vr6+turbo+lsd+clutch=12 sec.... to get 12 sec in the 2.0 you have to do internal work to get it running reliable... so what you guys think???

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
vr6. ask the same question in the 2.0 forum. i saw a 1.8t complete for 2 grand in the classifieds. of course...youcould save even more money by putting a vr6 in an a2 car which from what i hear is like a 13 sec car with a stock vr6 cuz they are lighter than an a3/mk3. hmmm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts