VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone? I'm gonna start a project build in a few months with my 97 Jetta 2.0. My plan is to find a 2.0 motor to rebuild. I would like to bore the cyls out 0.020-0.040" over, go with low comp pistons and turbocharge her. Just looking for any suggestions from anyone who has done this sort of work before.
-Thanks

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Don't bother boring it out, not worth the time and effort. Get an obd1 motor and use the forged crank and dual spring cylinder head, along with some nice low comp pistons. ARP mainstuds, headstuds are a must as well. If you dont do low comp pistons a headspacer or stacked gaskets will work just fine, the C2 42# 18 psi chip/injector kit should do you well too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Re: (G60ing57)

but if you want to turn up the boost then do not use the OBD I rods.. they are a weak part of the obdI motor. Oh and dont bother increasing the bore. the restriction on the motor is the head not the bottom end plus the cylinder walls will be getting super thin for FI

Modified by Euro99G3 at 7:24 PM 4-22-2006

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Re: (PimpMyRide)

Quote, originally posted by PimpMyRide »
If you are going to get a motor and swap it in, why waste time with a 2.0, go vr6t.

i can think of about 400 reasons to stay with a 2.0.
what i would do if your serious is, pick up a set of je's 82.5 is standard meaning they'll drop in and if your looking to go oversized either do 83 or 83.5. pick up a set of rods and some arp rod bolts. maybe lighten the crank and you should be fine as far as the bottom end.
remember its easier to do it right the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.