VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"That change also makes it possible for the new engine to use one Lamborghini part—the aluminum-alloy 20-valve cylinder head found on one bank of the Gallardo's V-10. This greatly improves the engine's breathing over the two-valves-per-cylinder head on the previous four-cylinder Jetta. Combined with variable intake-valve timing, the result is peak torque of 168 pound-feet, up 38 percent from the old engine, despite just a 25-percent displacement increase. Peak power is up 30 percent to 148 horsepower, proving the new engine is biased toward torque."
Car and Driver....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: 2.5 can use the Lamborghini Gallardo Cyliner head! (Wolfsburg_Turbo)

The cylinder sleeve of the 2.5 can fit the Lambrog's V-10 cylinder head. It IS NOT using it. The Lamborg's cylinder head is a 5K part~

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re: 2.5 can use the Lamborghini Gallardo Cyliner head! (Wolfsburg_Turbo)

Quote, originally posted by Wolfsburg_Turbo »
"That change also makes it possible for the new engine to use one Lamborghini part—the aluminum-alloy 20-valve cylinder head found on one bank of the Gallardo's V-10. This greatly improves the engine's breathing over the two-valves-per-cylinder head on the previous four-cylinder Jetta. Combined with variable intake-valve timing, the result is peak torque of 168 pound-feet, up 38 percent from the old engine, despite just a 25-percent displacement increase. Peak power is up 30 percent to 148 horsepower, proving the new engine is biased toward torque."
Car and Driver....

This must be comparing the current 2.5L to the old 2.0L 4cyl., because the 2.5L already has 4 valves per cyl and 170 lb-ft/150HP.. C&D is just wrong about the Variable valve timing. The 2.5L does not have VVT does it?

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,625 Posts
Re: 2.5 can use the Lamborghini Gallardo Cyliner head! (ac-md)

I think C&D was going for a bit of the dramatic when it wrote that blurb. Not in a bad way mind you, but it appears to be describing the current 2.5L head on the Jetta, saying essentially that it's similar in design to the lambo head. I doubt they are saying that the VW and lambo head are identical. But instead, that they both share certain design elements. I doubt the heads in either car are a direct swap. And if they were, I would have a feeling that the dimensions inside the head would be different, such as valve size and cam specs.
But, I think it would be an interesting project to find out the specifications of a lambo head and try to recreate it in the VW version. I think it would take some machine work, but could probably be done.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Re: (Pifiu)

Quote, originally posted by Pifiu »
im confused, so what does this mean to us?

to you it doesn't mean squat! stop post whoring in the mkv forum and go back to your mkiv forum111!!!!!1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.