Registered
85 Jetta TD Wolfsburg, 02 337 GTI, 09 JSW
204 Posts
Is there anything else I have the engine in a mk2 gti

·
Registered
'17 Golf R, '90 Jetta, '90 Golf
576 Posts
How long did it take you to get a hold of someone there to build that for you like they Donely I can’t even get them to reply to my emails how much would that cost
Took a day or so to get a response. The cost I'm unsure about, I think it was around $1200 USD. They also batch them together, so they typically wait until they get 3-4 orders and then make them.

·
Registered
2001 Audi allroad
9 Posts
Looks like the link to the injectors are dead. What size ev14s does this engine use? Compact standard or long? Extended tip or not. Mini timer or jet tronic connector?

·
Registered
4 Posts
BoostBrothers Garage has a video on Youtube dynoing an unopened 07k and i believe they got to over 400hp at the wheels at 16psi. I've heard as much as 20psi is safe but as previously mentioned the turbo size plays a role in how much the engine can handle.

I'm running an SPA manifold + GTX3076. Everything is done except the tune. Can't wait.
Any update on your build ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any update on your build ?
It lives!

It's a UM tune. The car runs well but I didn't know what I was getting as they're short on info. So far all I have is a tune, no extra features. No left foot braking, launch control, two step, and the tune killed my cruise control.

It is snappy and quick, it just spins 1st to 3rd on dry pavement. Both wheels.

My first weekend after the tune I burned an entire tank in just under 200km.

I plan on switching to the EmuBlack ecu for more control and safety measures.

The car has now been wrapped, too.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
It lives!

It's a UM tune. The car runs well but I didn't know what I was getting as they're short on info. So far all I have is a tune, no extra features. No left foot braking, launch control, two step, and the tune killed my cruise control.

It is snappy and quick, it just spins 1st to 3rd on dry pavement. Both wheels.

My first weekend after the tune I burned an entire tank in just under 200km.

I plan on switching to the EmuBlack ecu for more control and safety measures.

The car has now been wrapped, too.

Ohhh hell yeah, do you have any video of some little pull?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holy! Super exciting as I’m planning on following in your footsteps. Was just thinking it might be beneficial for me to pick up a lower mileage engine to boost and I realized that I can pick up a mk5 engine with a MAF instead of MAP sensor for pretty cheap. I can’t imagine I would have any issue swapping this into a mk6 Jsw if I use a UM tuned mk5 ecu but can anyone clarify this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Holy! Super exciting as I’m planning on following in your footsteps. Was just thinking it might be beneficial for me to pick up a lower mileage engine to boost and I realized that I can pick up a mk5 engine with a MAF instead of MAP sensor for pretty cheap. I can’t imagine I would have any issue swapping this into a mk6 Jsw if I use a UM tuned mk5 ecu but can anyone clarify this?
You may have more issues trying to go to an older engine than it's worth.

The harness may be different, ecu will need to be unlocked, may not communicate with all your modules.

Between UM and standalone, there's a company that makes a Plug and Play ecu harness for the EmuBlack which makes it 10x better than swapping to an older restricted OEM ecu.

The EmuBlack can do so much, it's worth the extra expense. CoMotorsports in Nova Scotia can do a remote logging tune for the motor, too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Okay thanks dude. Do you know how much more it would be to run emublack? Including having it tuned/ set up vs having the existing ecu flashed?
I paid 1500cad for the tune, plus a rental truck and trailer so let's say 2k cad.

Emu black ecu adapter I found was around 1500 and I think that's just the adapter (I could be wrong) I think you're looking at around 2900cad but I am waiting for CoMotorsports to come out with their options.

On their site they have the same setup for a 1.8t including adapter and tune and it was over 2.5k.

P&P Adapter:

CoMotorsports EmuBlack 1.8t for reference (I'd imagine pricing would be similar)

They offer a few tune options such as remote dyno tune, road logging tune or startup file for someone else to tune.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stock intake manifold ?
Do you have stock internal ?
How much boost are you pushing ?
How is the torque steer ?
Stock intake
Stock internals (I've seen north of 400whp with no issue)
I'm sitting at around 10-13
It spins both wheels but it's noticable. My 88 mx6 gt turbo had worse torque steer though.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts