VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1727 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I thought that with the introduction of more than 1 turbo product for the 2.5 community, we could start a forum for all 2.5 Turbo owners. Take it where you want but I thought it could be a brainstorming type of forum for fresh, new ideas, picture share, DIY instructions, Q & A, random chat...whatever!
Anybody with me on this one?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Re: 2.5T Owner's Forum (happy vw bunny)

Completely misread the original post.
Sounds good to me. I'm curious how big the 2.5T community is. But I'd love a place we would share ideas.

Modified by kiserhd at 3:18 PM 9-19-2008

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: 2.5T Owner's Forum (kiserhd)

i can't wait to join this club. Its amazing how many companies are interested in this motor. Is there really that big of a crowd for so many aftermarket companies to dump so much R & D into??? Im not trying to knock our motor or anything but it looks like a lot of people have many ideas for our 5 cyl.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

Quote, originally posted by happy vw bunny »
Ok, so I thought that with the introduction of more than 1 turbo product for the 2.5 community, we could start a forum for all 2.5 Turbo owners. Take it where you want but I thought it could be a brainstorming type of forum for fresh, new ideas, picture share, DIY instructions, Q & A, random chat...whatever!

I have some hosting space space and can get free domain name
You can have whatever you need as long as you administrate and maintain it
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Andre

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2.5T Owner's Forum (Audi4u)

Quote, originally posted by Audi4u »

I have some hosting space space and can get free domain name
You can have whatever you need as long as you administrate and maintain it
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Andre

For real? That would be awesome. You still have my email, right? If not, pm me and we will set it up!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hey Hans! I saw on another forum about you getting the front mount. How is that going? I only got to see the post you had here for a second and was going to read it again this afternoon and you modified it!!
ps. Any word on living quarters on the east coast yet? What about H2Oi???

·
Registered
892 Posts

Yeah I didnt really read your first post and starting going off about FMIC's and flying monkeys and whatnot.
I have a treadstone FMIC. Right now it is beating me on a trip to the east coast. Hopefully I'll have a house by the end of the month.
So are you trying to make this a 2.5T Owners thread, or are you interested in starting your own forum?

·
Registered
892 Posts

Sounds good.
Anyways the jist of my previously edited post was SMIC vs FMIC. Both on mustang dynos but the numbers varied greatly (more than expected from temp/elevation differences). I'm curious if a FMIC can negatively effect performance.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

If you are serious about getting a 2.5T subforum on Vortex you need to make a thread over here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=23
then the admins can gauge the interest in a 2.5T forum, I am assuming by how many people reply to the thread. I really don't think they will go for it, seeing as there isn't a VRT/VR6T forum.
but if you do make your own forum, I'd be willing to help in my free time

Modified by NaKoRuRu at 9:54 AM 9-21-2008

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote, originally posted by kiserhd »
Sounds good.
Anyways the jist of my previously edited post was SMIC vs FMIC. Both on mustang dynos but the numbers varied greatly (more than expected from temp/elevation differences). I'm curious if a FMIC can negatively effect performance.

I would be interested as well. That is an interesting question. Let me know if you find more information.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (kiserhd)

Quote, originally posted by kiserhd »
Soon as I get settled and finish the exhaust. I'll get another base line dyno and start experimenting.

Now that my car is running well, I am looking to do another "Mustang" Dyno. I had one when my car was the prototype for the AWE catback exhaust and it was GIAC chipped. Now, I would like to do it on the same type of dyno so we can get a very "true" measure of what this kit produces. I actually may be near one today.... perhaps I will stop in!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

I know C2 makes a turbo kit,but who else actually has one on the market and not in development?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: 2.5T Owner's Forum (darkk)

Quote, originally posted by darkk »

I know C2 makes a turbo kit,but who else actually has one on the market and not in development?

No one as of now, eurojet has put their project on hold while they get some other projects completed. other than that, it's either custom setups or go with C2.
I had C2 stage 2 on my car, didnt last me very long. However sometime in the near future like summer of 09 hopefully i'll have a new custom setup.

1 - 20 of 1727 Posts