VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1727 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just sent Fred an email. Hopefully I can record some logs and Jeff can look at them. I know the tunes on the MAP cars are more hardware specific because there is no MAF to help make on-the-fly adjustments. Maybe every MAP tune needs to be custom to the specific hardware setup?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just sent Fred an email. Hopefully I can record some logs and Jeff can look at them. I know the tunes on the MAP cars are more hardware specific because there is no MAF to help make on-the-fly adjustments. Maybe every MAP tune needs to be custom to the specific hardware setup?
After doing some reading it seems like a bad TPS can be a culprit. How many miles are on your throttle body?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
I posted about this over on the MKVI forums a few months ago but didn't get a response. Anyone who swapped their pump have problems with the fuel gauge stuck at a certain value?
I'm using the audi rs4 pump and the gas reads correctly from full to 50%, and it stops there, like it won't show any value lower than 50%.
My mechanic has swapped the fuel pump housing and checked the fuel level sensor multiple times and also recalibrating through vcds and it always sticks at a different spot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i'm new to the Vw Forums. I currently have a 2011 Jetta 2.5L SE. I was wondering what you guys think of me putting a Turbo from C2MotorSports on it. I was thinking of just buying a GLI or GTI but i like my little jetta.

Also, when going turbo, can i go straight to a stage 2 upgrade or would i have to start with a stage 1?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok, so I was finally able to get some logs to send to UM. I marked when the car acted funny and you can definitely see where the throttle position and % load don't make sense. For some reason, the car thinks there is much higher load than it should. So lots of fuel, hence boost. But with the throttle not open enough, it chokes. This happens mostly at partial throttle high rpm, where there shouldn't be much load at all. It is also has negative timing, which it does not normally do. You can also see that a WOT pull looks totally normal. I sent this to [email protected]

My Engineering instincts tell me I am reading this correctly, but I'm not a tuning expert and may be way off base here.

Is there something mechanical that could be going on that I am missing? This is my 2nd 2.5T build so I thought I had this all figured out.

Bad:

Good:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think you're reading it correctly. Given my tune acts the same way I'd say it's not mechanical. I'm going to run some logs when I get the chance as well. Unsure if related, but my AFRs are all over the place. WOT they are perfect, but cruising and otherwise they are all over the place and don't make sense.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Update on my tune: UM was able to fix my part throttle issue. No more misfires, difficulty controlling the throttle, nor surges.

I have a question that goes out to everyone in this thread. Is cruise control useless on the 2.5 once it's turbocharged? For the most part it works great, but I do have an issue cruising where it wants to overboost in 5th if using CC going uphill, or if the load is great enough...generally only 65mph and up. AFR goes very rich and timing advance goes negative. Sometimes I have timing retardation as well (or timing pull/correction).

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just got mine fixed too! While I was there I asked Fred about CC. He said it is pretty much useless. Something about how CC works that isn’t compatible with the turbo tune. Especially on Manual cars it can’t downshift. Mine does the same thing. My old Jetta 2.5T was the same.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just got mine fixed too! While I was there I asked Fred about CC. He said it is pretty much useless. Something about how CC works that isn’t compatible with the turbo tune. Especially on Manual cars it can’t downshift. Mine does the same thing. My old Jetta 2.5T was the same.

Most important part of my UM visit:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Update on my tune: UM was able to fix my part throttle issue. No more misfires, difficulty controlling the throttle, nor surges.

I have a question that goes out to everyone in this thread. Is cruise control useless on the 2.5 once it's turbocharged? For the most part it works great, but I do have an issue cruising where it wants to overboost in 5th if using CC going uphill, or if the load is great enough...generally only 65mph and up. AFR goes very rich and timing advance goes negative. Sometimes I have timing retardation as well (or timing pull/correction).

That's great news! I have been having a similar issue, but have learned to control the throttle enough to get by. I will definitely hit up FST to see if they can get me the updated tune. Thanks!!

Also, awesome to have another 2.5t jsw running around!

Peter

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's great news! I have been having a similar issue, but have learned to control the throttle enough to get by. I will definitely hit up FST to see if they can get me the updated tune. Thanks!!

Also, awesome to have another 2.5t jsw running around!

Peter
Yes hit them up. They will know exactly what you're talking about. Both me and mjb had the prob and got it resolved.

As I was gathering parts I followed your thread. There were a lot of helpful details so I thank you for posting it. At the moment I'm redoing my fuel system and a few things so stay tuned. Not quite prime time but close...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
2012 Audi TTRS 2.5T

So Santa came early this year! This spring when I took the Pasat buyback, I was looking at Audi TTRS and by the time the buyback took place the cars I was looking at where no longer available. All of the others ones at that time were overpriced for the mileage on them. Found a 2012 TTRS black, which was my preferred color with only 24,000km. One owner, never winter driven, garage stored beauty. Car mint, no dents, scratches or chips. Only drawback to the dealer in Moncton, NB. So stoked can't wait to pick it up. The MK3 GTI will be going up for sale this spring.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey guys. Thought I’d share the results of my build. Never seen anybody do a AWIC system so I went for it. I think it turned out pretty well.

The first switch turns on the pump (Bosch cobra) and the second activates the WMI and aux fan. The fan is mounted behind the blue heat exchanger to pull air through. Totally stealth. The switches are set up in series so you can’t run the fan without the pump going.

It works pretty well. Intercooler uses custom brackets I made that mount to the battery mounting points.

Btw car is for sale. Build is done, time to move on!

1681 - 1700 of 1727 Posts