VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1701 - 1720 of 1727 Posts

·
Registered
07k Mk V Jetta
41 Posts
Hey guys, not new to the 2.5 community but pretty late on modifications. No one manufactures any kits for the 2.5 any longer, I have an MKV. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where one might get started ? I’m looking to start simple ~10psi on stock internals. HELLPP PLEASEE :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey guys, not new to the 2.5 community but pretty late on modifications. No one manufactures any kits for the 2.5 any longer, I have an MKV. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where one might get started ? I’m looking to start simple ~10psi on stock internals. HELLPP PLEASEE :(
Welcome to the 2.5T community.
Turboing the 07K engine is a good idea i.m.o., those engines are real power machines.
In my car it gives 400 hp and 500 Nm at 15 psi.

Unfortunately I am afraid I can't halp you, the engine is in a corrado and I am living in Europe.
Everything on my car is custom made.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
JDL will still sell you the hot parts kit (turbo, wastegate, turbo manifold, downpipe, etc.). You would just be responsible for the oil lines, intercooler setup, fueling, tuning, etc. :wave:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm selling my Xona rotor 8267 turbokit with tubulair manifold, Xona rotor 8267 turbo, Bosch 1200cc injectors(flow matched, output all 1235cc), intake pipe with coupler and clamps, and a Tial Q 50mm bov.
Everything brand new!!

Located in the Netherlands(ja Stef, ik ben het: Niels) but can ship worldwide!

Send me an email if interested: [email protected]

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm still here..
What would you like to know, or are you looking for a turbokit(if that's so, I'm selling my brand new big-turbo setup)
I suppose I am looking for either a kit or an easy way to piece a kit together myself. The tuner I spoke with said they don't do any hardware, just software so I'm on my own for the actual parts. My mechanic told me to sell the Rabbit and buy a GTI, so no help there either. I did a quick search of your turbo, and that looks like quite the big set up. Is it all still brand new, and if so what's the reason for selling it? What price are you looking to get for it all?

Cheers!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I suppose I am looking for either a kit or an easy way to piece a kit together myself. The tuner I spoke with said they don't do any hardware, just software so I'm on my own for the actual parts. My mechanic told me to sell the Rabbit and buy a GTI, so no help there either. I did a quick search of your turbo, and that looks like quite the big set up. Is it all still brand new, and if so what's the reason for selling it? What price are you looking to get for it all?

Cheers!
I've send you a PM :)

·
Registered
'17 Golf R, '90 Jetta, '90 Golf
572 Posts
Picked up a mk2 Golf and I'm very interested in doing a 2.5L 07k swap in it.

I'd like to turbo it either from the beginning, or down the line (still can't decide). There aren't many shops out there with turbo exhaust manifolds pre-made for these engines it seems, the SPA Turbo one seems to be recommended a lot.

My question is, are there any 2.5T mk2 cars out there with the SPA Turbo manifold? Curious to know how it'll fit (or if it fits at all) or if I need to get the JDL manifold or get one custom made... The JDL one is beautiful and there's a mk2 local to me with a 2.5T with one, but it's ****ing expensive.

I'm okay with piecing together my own setup, but want to avoid returning parts that don't/won't fit my chassis.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Hello! Just snagged a 2011 Golf im planning to snail it. Just want to say thanks to everyone here for lots of great info to help out!

Seems like parts are getting a little more challenging to get. SPA the only group making manifolds now?

·
Registered
85 Jetta TD Wolfsburg, 02 337 GTI, 09 JSW
196 Posts
Hello! Just snagged a 2011 Golf im planning to snail it. Just want to say thanks to everyone here for lots of great info to help out!

Seems like parts are getting a little more challenging to get. SPA the only group making manifolds now?
Any luck on the build? I just bought a 07k BGQ, SPA turbo manifold, Garrett T3 T04E, & Vibrant intercooler. It’s going eventually into a 09 JSW. Trying to revive this thread.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can say it it is amazing to have a turbo 2.5. It's not perfect yet but it does haul ass. Traction control can't even control wheel spin. Such an underrated platform tbh.
That’s my goal for the family wagon. I might do a swap to the 85 Jetta down the line too. Did you delete the SAI or relocate it on your vehicle? Also, did you keep the stock valve cover or upgrade to IE, eurojet, or JAAATT valve cover?

·
Registered
72 Posts
That’s my goal for the family wagon. I might do a swap to the 85 Jetta down the line too. Did you delete the SAI or relocate it on your vehicle? Also, did you keep the stock valve cover or upgrade to IE, eurojet, or JAAATT valve cover?
My engine is the cbta variety. It doesn't have Sai (thankfully because United motorsports doesn't delete emissions components)

So far I've left it with stock intake and stock valve cover. I may upgrade, one day.

I think I tore a motor mount so I've just ordered the BFI stage one kit.

I also got a stage 3 clutch max SMF about to go in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
My engine is the cbta variety. It doesn't have Sai (thankfully because United motorsports doesn't delete emissions components)

So far I've left it with stock intake and stock valve cover. I may upgrade, one day.

I think I tore a motor mount so I've just ordered the BFI stage one kit.

I also got a stage 3 clutch max SMF about to go in.

Thanks for sharing. That’s awesome! Your car looks great. Unfortunately my wagon has the cbua & my 2.5t build motor is bgq. I haven’t stripped the bgq down to confirm whether it has a forged crank or not. The valve cover question I asked was because I wondered if anyone who went aftermarket had oil consumption issues.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That’s awesome! Your car looks great. Unfortunately my wagon has the cbua & my 2.5t build motor is bgq. I haven’t stripped the bgq down to confirm whether it has a forged crank or not. The valve cover question I asked was because I wondered if anyone who went aftermarket had oil consumption issues.
Good question. I wasn't aware of any issues there but perhaps the lack of a PCV leads to it?

It's my understanding that the 150hp 2.5's had forged cranks. Mine being the latest, I don't have forged internals.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good question. I wasn't aware of any issues there but perhaps the lack of a PCV leads to it?

It's my understanding that the 150hp 2.5's had forged cranks. Mine being the latest, I don't have forged internals.

It’ll be a plus if the old block has a forged crank. I read somewhere VW had scattered forged cranks in some but not all of the BGP/ BGQ blocks. I need to stop dragging my feet & just disassemble it already.

1701 - 1720 of 1727 Posts