VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most people say they are the same....but my question is are the ports different? The ports are bigger on the 3.2 on the head so why not bigger on the exhaust manifold...right? I just want somebody to confirm.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2.8 and 3.2 Exhaust Manifold differences? (killacoupe)

so your saying the ports are the same for the r32 and 2.8 24v exhaust manifolds, even though the ports coming out of the head on the exhaust are bigger. Just making sure. I wouldn't mind borrowing both and measuring myself.

·
Registered
2018 Audi TTRS
12,977 Posts
Re: 2.8 and 3.2 Exhaust Manifold differences? (killacoupe)

parts numbers on the manifolds are the same sourced this on vagcat and matched the numbers on the manifolds sitting on my floor waiting to be ported

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 2.8 and 3.2 Exhaust Manifold differences? (newcreation)

Quote, originally posted by newcreation »
parts numbers on the manifolds are the same sourced this on vagcat and matched the numbers on the manifolds sitting on my floor waiting to be ported

i dont care about part numbers. I just want to know from somebody who has measured both. If we all listened to part numbers and bently manuals everybody would still think that 2.8 and 3.2 valves were the same. But I rather measure my self and note the differences if any.

·
Registered
2018 Audi TTRS
12,977 Posts
Re: 2.8 and 3.2 Exhaust Manifold differences? (fourthchirpin)

i can measure the ports on the 3.3 manifolds i have before i port them plus i need a before and after for myself

·
Registered
Dodge Viper, GMC Typhoon
8,203 Posts
they are different part numbers, i had to verify by checking both sets before getting a 2.8 set to port. the gaskets are the same, but the downpipe placement is different between the 2. i believe the 2.8 have the downpipe tubes closer together, while the 3.2 have them farther apart form each other

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.