VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (2.Quick)

Quote, originally posted by 2.Quick »
i'd like to know too so Bump

From what I get, its more power at the top end.
very happy with it plus the dyno show 8 more hp for me

· Registered
4,957 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (Halpem)

Quote, originally posted by Halpem »

From what I get, its more power at the top end.
very happy with it plus the dyno show 8 more hp for me

What are your mods? And did u make your own 2.9 replica?

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (2.Quick)

Quote, originally posted by 2.Quick »

What are your mods? And did u make your own 2.9 replica?

I have both and they both are very close to the 8 hp gain, which is my avg gain.
I only have a Turn 2 intake and exhaust, Gaic chip work the best out of all the ones I have.

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (Northren vr6)

Quote, originally posted by Northren vr6 »
8 hp ? crank or wheel???

Wheel, but when I put it on other friends cars , the HP can be up and down. It almost seems like there are other real issues that could be set up.

· Registered
13,484 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (Spongebo)

Quote, originally posted by Spongebo »
how might you go about making a 2.9 replica...i searched the forum for it..but came up short..just wondering and all, would it be that difficult?

can you weld? lol

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (Spongebo)

Quote, originally posted by Spongebo »
how might you go about making a 2.9 replica...i searched the forum for it..but came up short..just wondering and all, would it be that difficult?

Its not hard to weld , It really fun to do it. just takes some time the first time. But they get easier the more you do them. There a a bunch on here who make them , but you get what you pay for but you save a lot doing it yourself

· Registered
3,678 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (Halpem)

Quote, originally posted by Halpem »

Its not hard to weld , It really fun to do it. just takes some time the first time. But they get easier the more you do them. There a a bunch on here who make them , but you get what you pay for but you save a lot doing it yourself

next question: do you have a TIG welder or access to one?

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: 2.9L intake manifold (ArpyArpad)

Quote, originally posted by ArpyArpad »

next question: do you have a TIG welder or access to one?

I have access to a complete shop with all types welders and Flow testing machines. My Family has a biz that needs all this gear so they let me use them for my VW passion.
I can help out in any way, But also local welding school can sometimes do the weld for free as school project. Its funny but the Instructors really make sure everything is good. That is if you want to save some money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.