VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone run down pros and cons of both? Shine racing used to have a nice web page with a run down of just about every swap imaginable...
I was gonna go with an ABA/8v CIS-e but I've got a good opportunity locally on a 9A block...

· Registered
694 Posts
Re: 2 liter 9a/16V Cis-e or ABA/8v Cis-e, which should I build? (scottamus36)

That depends on what kind of time and money you have to throw at the project, and what parts you already have in stock.
If you already have the ABA and 8v head, I'd go that route. You'll be able to use your existing exhaust, intake, wiring, plumbing, fuel system, clutch, ignition, and the list goes on.
An ABA hybrid is a really strong setup. You'd be amazed how much you'll gain from it, and it will look 99% bone stock - only the trained eye can tell the difference between it and your stocker.
If you could get the complete engine, though, the 9A might be worth the effort.

· Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2 liter 9a/16V Cis-e or ABA/8v Cis-e, which should I build? (der_panzer)

Panzer, thanks for the reply... I think Im gonna pick up a complete 2L 16v on Saturday..
Im wondering what I need for it to work with existing 8V CIS-e wiring and such? Do you know if the injectors are the same?
Do I need different ECU, knock box, extra knock sensor, and fuel pump relay?
Do you know what would be involved going to CIS-e motronic? Digifant?

· Registered
178 Posts
Re: 2 liter 9a/16V Cis-e or ABA/8v Cis-e, which should I build? (scottamus36)

I read that the non digi. 2.0 motors are an easy install. Just retain your orignal distributor(tttuning.com has a kit)...
Is there any truth to this..
It seems there would be problems using the throttle body from the Motronic 2.0 16v's....
dB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.