VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the intake and rear sway bar in, now what.. Need a little help from fellow vortexers where would you go next?
DV - people say to wait for chipping or stock dies
Turbo Stage 3 APR - well would be nice but got 48,000 miles to go till my warrenty is gone.
I was thinking of Samco Hose replacements? Or replace stock audio and add gauges in empty space?

· Registered
5,296 Posts
Re: 2 Mods down what would be a good start next (yellow20thgti)

1. Motor Mounts $40
2. DV $120
3. Boost Gauge. I would just get a cheap one in the beginning (VDO - Autometer) with the Steering Column Pod. Can be had for something like $60
4. Chip $600 - $800
5. Turbo Back (GHL 3" or Milltek 2.5" depending on what you want) ~$1100
6. Pulleys + Samco Intake $400
7. Boost Controller (Manual or electronic) $80 - $600
with that you should be able to get above 200whp easily even on the stock turbo.

· Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2 Mods down what would be a good start next (crutch)

Quote, originally posted by crutch »
go with revo or apr spp, dealer will never know your car is chipped http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

We looking at 600 to 800 for this? I also read a little on the Samco Tip for the CAI connecting to the turbo, sounds like a nice upgrade to get and adds some better air flow to the turbo...
OOO I want NEONS so bad.. Those FandF cars looked sooo cool, what a killer mod, bet it adds 2 HP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.