VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 Jetta Turbo, my car has been in and out of the dealership 5 times now. Putting together all the periods my car has been in the dealership service it has spent a total of 2 months supposedly "repairing". I've spoken with people from VW of Mexico, they've opened a file, they've even sent a factory mechanic to supervise the repairs on my car. But guess what? no definitive results.
They've changed the MAF sensor everytime it's been there, now they're gonna change the ECU and a sensor that controls the wastegate, The guy at the dealership is telling me they also need to change the catalytic converter.
I think those are just lame excuses for them to buy them time so they can really figure out what's wrong with my car.
To be honest with you, I wouldn't want my car back because I think it's a defective unit. And no matter what they do it's not gonna be as reliable as "normal" car.

What would you do?
By the way, the car has no engine mods and it had 8,000 miles when it first broke down.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: 2 months in the dealership (1.8TRex)

With so many ineffective mechanical repair attempts, it'll may turn out to be something electrical.
Bad battery, bad ground, bad relay, or bad wire in a wiring harness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2 months in the dealership (Sun Baked Golf)

Maybe it's electrical, but what I'm really asking is what would you do in terms of negotiating a solution with VW, beacuse I dont think it's fair for a customer to recieve a faulty car and then spend two months paying a cab, instead of using his car.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Re: 2 months in the dealership (converted_vw)

Thats a lemon!!
My cars been in the shop for a total of two months..... in the shop presently for 1 week and 6 days.. counting... for airbag light... i think they replacing the steering wheel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts