VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have two questions. First, Im looking for a votex rear bumper. Anyone have any idea where I can pick one up for a decent price and possibly a VW part number since I was screwed out of the last one I was getting because the person decided to leave H20 without telling me and along went the bumper.
Second is I have the front votex bumper, Ive had it for a while and since ive had it the bumper marker lights dont fit like they should. Has anyone else with the front bumper had the same problems and have they figured out what it was. I know Ill have to trim, I just want to trim the right areas. Thanks for the help in advance.
BT

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: 2 part Votex kit question(s) (BlueTempest)

Well, my dealer did the paint and installation job. I was there to see them. They didn't trim anything. It's even the opposite!!! There a tiny tiny gap between the markers and the bumper. The place for the markers is a little bit too big. But you only see it when your face is 1 foot from the bumper. I've looked 3 other Jetta that were in the showroom and outside and they were all the same. It's curious that you seem to have quite the same problem, but conversely!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Re: 2 part Votex kit question(s) (BlueTempest)

yeah on my front bumper the side markers were squeeeeezed in there as well. body shop mentioned it to me when I picked up the car. They also had some what of a time getting it to fit just perfect. It all came out real well though. Although I noticed my mattig grill fit a little bit better on the original bumper then it dose with the votex one. Krista

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.